Is it just me or is "X Factor" really.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Thats me buggered then, seeing as I am a Brummie. Best not go back home !! :blush:

Really?? Which part?
Originally Northfield (Hoggs Lane) and Rednal (Ryde Park Road) area but then moved to Redditch, now in Durham.

Elmer Fudd

[QUOTE45058]
Elmer Fudd;44956 said:
Thats me buggered then, seeing as I am a Brummie. Best not go back home !! :blush:

Really?? Which part?
Originally Northfield (Hoggs Lane) and Rednal (Ryde Park Road) area but then moved to Redditch, now in Durham.

Really?? I lived on Lickey Road until I was 8. How old are you? Did you go to Rednal Hill?[/QUOTE]
I know Lickey Road !
I'm a young fart of 49 ! I went to the school at the bottom of Hoggs Lane (can't remember its name!), past the Frankly Beeches pub, but moved to Redditch when I was about 8.
I used to cycle past Longbridge, Turn left by the King George pub (now a very good chinese I'm led to believe), up Hanging Lane and down Hoggs Lane (my Nan lived in Hoggs Lane, God bless her) to school. I don't think you could let a 7yr old do that these days !!
Years later, when working at BKL in Kings Norton (over the road from the station) I bought a house in Ryde Park Road, when I opened the curtains I could see... my old bedroom as a kid, over the road ! Wierd !

Elmer Fudd

I'll give The George a miss then Mr P. !
Got a mate who lives in Selly Oak who told me the bridge had gone. My 2 uncles who worked there years ago used to use that to nip from one site to the other, totally against B.L. company policy though. Never mind, they had 'Red Rob' in those days !
You still in Cotteridge or you moved further afield ? Used to like walking round Cotteridge on me lunch break, into Greggs, fruit shop over the road next to flower shop for a 'nana, then bookies and finally fag/sweet/card shop next door. Me and me mate would always save a tenner to change in there 'cos old fella who owned it would get change about 1 o'clock and we'd nick most of it by 1.30. Oh, how we laughed :blush: !!

P.S. I always remember an old tramp that used to wander around with a 3 wheeled buggy.

Elmer Fudd

Yup.

I passed that on the way to school every day for 7 years.
Mr. Fudd metaphorically reaches for virtual stanley knife and slashes wrists, life is no longer worth living............................................................

No Breedon, no suck my jake and a subway sandwich bar in Cotteridge...

I gave that tramp a steak and kidney pie that I'd bought one day but decided I wasn't really hungry.
Saw him the next day, he looked at me, I said hello, he told me to fek off, charming thought I !!

Top Bottom