1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it just me or is "X Factor" really.........

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Slowgrind, 18 Aug 2007.

1. Slowgrind

Slowgrind New Member

2. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

I rang the gf, only to be told to call back later cos of that crap. Hate it!

3. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

You are not gonna be on your own on this, I avoid like it like the plague. Can hear my missus watching some strange dancing reality show at the moment gives me a little longer on t'net anyways.

4. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

I think it's excellent, pushing forward new talent, pushing back the boundaries of broadcasting. a new wave of tv for a new generation.

Should I add that I had my fingers crossed as I typed that so I'm lying !! :ohmy:

5. Lardyboy

Lardyboy New Member

I can truthfully write that I have not seen more than a minute in total of these "reality" programmes, in friends homes I hasten to add, without feeling nauseous or wanting to kick their television in. I would rather go to watch paint dry than watch them! :ohmy:

6. dangerousjules

dangerousjules New Member

although the last women who sang a whitney song was great!

7. Elmer Fudd

Yes I heard that, thought Elton John was on ! :ohmy:

8. dangerousjules

dangerousjules New Member

shame on you mr fudd!

9. Elmer Fudd

10. piedwagtail91

piedwagtail91 Über Member

the wife was watching it. it is crap.
    can't believe so many tone deaf vocally impaired deluded people want to make complete fools of themselves.

11. Kovu

Kovu Über Member

Makes you wonder if there set up?

12. longers

longers Veteran

Ben Elton wrote a pretty terrible book about the X-factor style shows "Chart Throb" which pulls these shows apart and sheds some light on the workings of the selection processes. As if you didn't know to begin with.

It's a poor book but reading some of his theories in print only confirmed it for me.

However his book on Big Brother - " Dead Famous" I thought was a great observation on those types of show and a very good who-dunnit as well.

13. spesh

spesh Well-Known Member

There were some great comments about Execrable Factor in today's Times:

Something tells me that Caitlin Moran was ever so slightly unimpressed... :ohmy:}:biggrin::ohmy:

14. bugslop

bugslop New Member

Not just x factor, the whole of saturday night viewing has gone down the pan!

15. Elmer Fudd

Yeah , agree bugslop, I've muted the tv and am now listening to..................
    NEW ORDER !!!