Is it just me or is "X Factor" really.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I rang the gf, only to be told to call back later cos of that crap. Hate it!

mondobongo

Über Member
You are not gonna be on your own on this, I avoid like it like the plague. Can hear my missus watching some strange dancing reality show at the moment gives me a little longer on t'net anyways.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
I think it's excellent, pushing forward new talent, pushing back the boundaries of broadcasting. a new wave of tv for a new generation.

Should I add that I had my fingers crossed as I typed that so I'm lying !! :ohmy:

I can truthfully write that I have not seen more than a minute in total of these "reality" programmes, in friends homes I hasten to add, without feeling nauseous or wanting to kick their television in. I would rather go to watch paint dry than watch them! :ohmy:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
:ohmy:

the wife was watching it. it is crap.
can't believe so many tone deaf vocally impaired deluded people want to make complete fools of themselves.

Kovu

Über Member
piedwagtail91 said:
the wife was watching it. it is crap.
can't believe so many tone deaf vocally impaired deluded people want to make complete fools of themselves.

Makes you wonder if there set up?

longers

Legendary Member
Ben Elton wrote a pretty terrible book about the X-factor style shows "Chart Throb" which pulls these shows apart and sheds some light on the workings of the selection processes. As if you didn't know to begin with.

It's a poor book but reading some of his theories in print only confirmed it for me.

However his book on Big Brother - " Dead Famous" I thought was a great observation on those types of show and a very good who-dunnit as well.

spesh

There were some great comments about Execrable Factor in today's Times:

I’ve given up being astonished that there are still enough freaks in Britain to fill the audition episodes of The X Factor.After the first series, I presumed that we’d used them all up. I couldn’t see how we could possibly have any left over for a second series.
Citing the barroom scene in Star Wars as a descriptor for a motley crew of individuals is a rather tired device. But in the case of The X Factor,this is mainly because, in 1977, George Lucas just didn’t have the kind of prosthetics budget that might accurately recreate a real X Factor audition room.
The people who turn up to these things look like they reanimate at night, from the sides of churches.
Brothers from Sunderland with sebum-soaked hair, matching satin jackets and My Heart Will Go On acting as Jack the Ripper to the unfortunate prostitutes of timing, pitch and appropriateness.

Something tells me that Caitlin Moran was ever so slightly unimpressed... :ohmy:}:biggrin::ohmy:

Top Bottom