Is it just me, or

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I was disappointed at the Brazilian home fans' booing of the judges during the diving events. Like they'd got the idea of winning but not the idea of sport.

They all think it is like the football.

This?:

View: https://youtu.be/A9ecYEM5i5c

Some of those hills and mountains look interesting, and that is one long bridge, but, other than that? Is there something earlier?

Thats one of the airports, Santos Dumont - mostly domestic flights. All the flights I've been on go to the other one Rio Galeao - AFAIK all the european airlines go there. It's odd in that although it has 2 terminals there is almost nothing in the vast tract of the upper level of Terminal 1 but 2 lounges. Sort of comparable to some of the new airports in Spain/China that have never achieved expected passenger numbers. Still, being Brazil, it's still chaos getting checked in.
You frequently get lots of time to admire the view from the bridge, whilst sitting in traffic jams crossing it.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I was disappointed at the Brazilian home fans' booing of the judges during the diving events. Like they'd got the idea of winning but not the idea of sport.

I saw a water polo match where they were playing against Japan and the crowd were AWFUL!!

Genuinely, you could tell when Japan had the ball without even looking at it due to the amount of booing.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The Yorkshire Dales are over rated. Hills and fields with cows and sheep, what's the big deal?:tired:

Like I say, I find the Settle - Carlisle line to be rather over rated. Yes it is nice, but it is just a bit.... Tame.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I haven't been to London since 1992 and that was to Wembley stadium then straight out again. They always gloat about How London will be 28C while around here it'll be 20C but the air pollution will cause that.:whistle:

Get far enough out and you can sometimes see a brown cloud above the place (the worst I have ever seen though was Madrid).

Last edited:
Top Bottom