Is it me or are they a funny lot in the commuting section

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bjellys

Reporting mobile use

Is it me or are they a funny lot in the commuting section as I get the feeling that they want to hang me up by my goolies for posting my views . I basically said that i think they are over zealous in reporting every person they film , using a mobile while driving and that I wouldn't grass my mum up for doing it ( I would have a word with her ) Also they seem to have the view that driving and answering the phone when you drive is as bad as drinking ten pints of lager and a few shots.If you read from page 16 back you might get a feel of what I mean,
Feel free to tell me I'm wrong if you think I am.
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/reporting-mobile-use-while-driving.50122/page-16

zzzzzzzz

Powely

In my limited experience the point of the cameras is to record events from a cyclists vantage? I think if more drivers saw such videos it would be safer on the roads for cyclists. Merely about education. I know I am a better driver for taking up cycling.

Reporting drivers for mobile phone use after the event is pointless though as the police won't be able to do anything about it.

I also feel your posts where made to get a reaction too. So I won't be responding to any replies on this subject you post.

OP
OP
bjellys

bjellys

I find the commuting section to be full of bad news and angry people so I don't go there. If you don't like it then I suggest doing the same.
Thanks I won't be any more.

Reporting mobile use

Is it me or are they a funny lot in the commuting section as I get the feeling that they want to hang me up by my goolies for posting my views . I basically said that i think they are over zealous in reporting every person they film , using a mobile while driving and that I wouldn't grass my mum up for doing it ( I would have a word with her ) Also they seem to have the view that driving and answering the phone when you drive is as bad as drinking ten pints of lager and a few shots.If you read from page 16 back you might get a feel of what I mean,
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/reporting-mobile-use-while-driving.50122/page-16

You know, of course, that 3000+ people are killed on British roads every year and tens of thousands seriously injured in collisions involving automotive carriages. You'll also be aware I'm sure, that vulnerable road users like pedestrians and cyclists are disproportionately affected by this carnage.

Mobile phone use whilst in charge of a motor vehicle is illegal and for good reason, it has the same negative effect on driver's abilities as the consumption of alcohol in excess of the drink/driving limit. But many thousands of driver's still insist on doing it every day - because they are ignorant and/or stupid and/or selfish. They make our roads less save.

Which bit of the above do you have a problem with?

redcard

Veteran
They may be over-zealous, but that attitude compensates for those of us that are apathetic. You, for example.

Every mobile user reported improves your safety, and you should appreciate the people that report because it's those people that effect change.

Now, stop trolling.

OP
OP
bjellys

bjellys

Mobile phone use whilst in charge of a motor vehicle is illegal and for good reason, it has the same negative effect on driver's abilities as the consumption of alcohol in excess of the drink/driving limit. But many thousands of driver's still insist on doing it every day - because they are ignorant and/or stupid and/or selfish. They make our roads less save.

I am not advocating either drink driving or mobile use but I would stop a drunk from driving their car but not grass up a person for being on their mobile

Also do you think you could drive a car after drinking 10 pints of lager and some shorts I know I couldn't but I could answer my mobile.

Why is the penalty so different then ?
Answer -- Because they are in a different league .

I am not advocating either drink driving or mobile use but I would stop a drunk from driving their car but not grass up a person for being on their mobile

Is it really.

Imagine this scenario. The police knock on your door to tell you a loved one has been killed in an RTC. You would no doubt have many questions such as:

Was the driver speeding.
Was the driver under the influence of alcohol/drugs.
Was the driver using a mobile phone.

The officer informs you the driver was within the speed limit and stone cold sober but was texting and making calls on his mobile at the time of the collision.

You may think using a mobile phone whilst driving is in a different league to drink/driving but the consequences can be equally devastating.

Also do you think you could drive a car after drinking 10 pints of lager and some shorts I know I couldn't but I could answer my mobile.

Answer -- Because the research which proved that mobile phone use had the same effect on driver's abilities as drink driving came after they passed the legislation.

You're arguing that driver mobile phone use isn't a big issue. On a cycling forum. And you wonder why you're being shot down?

Yours is just the kind of ignorance that needs wiping out.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Answer -- Because the research which proved that mobile phone use had the same effect on driver's abilities as drink driving came after they passed the legislation.

You're arguing that driver mobile phone use isn't a big issue. On a cycling forum. And you wonder why you're being shot down?

Yours is just the kind of ignorance that needs wiping out.
Wipe ignorance not lives!

Cubist

Still wavin'
Reporting mobile use

Yes, you are wrong.

Mobile phone use is an absolute scourge. People don't concentrate when they're on the phone, and more vulnerable road users are at risk from their stupid, selfish and often arrogant behaviour.

Top Bottom