Is it normal to feel sick after a ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
ok.. we have all the variations.. and as this is in Beginners, I will assume the worst.. the OP is making the fatal beginners mistake.. pushing it too hard too soon.. thats all.. drama over.

Downward

Guru
Food - I went out a while back for a 10 mile session up some big hills. I had a quick bite to eat and drank too much water.
Half way up the hill i just went dizzy and puked and took 5 mins.
That was after just 2.5 miles too !
The rest of the ride I was fine. I always now go out early mornings on an empty stomach or wait about 1 hour after breakfast

If you had milk with your cereal (not everyone does mate of mine eats his dry) then it's probably that thats made you feel sick. Try the toast and coffee or whatever you drink instead of cereal and see it that makes any difference

Jim_Noir

I am Spartacus said:
ok.. we have all the variations.. and as this is in Beginners, I will assume the worst.. the OP is making the fatal beginners mistake.. pushing it too hard too soon.. thats all.. drama over.

+1 on this.... could just be a simple case of too much and not enough cool down at the end... get your heart rate up then just stop will make anyone feel sick.

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

I don't think it's me pushing to hard, I think the reason will be me eating before I go out. I usually have a large bowl of alpen w/ a cup of tea 10minutes before I leave for a ride.

chonkers

i leave for work 4.45am dont eat anything till i get there and feel fine,my problems start once there as i walk 15mile a day for my job the cycle to work about 8mile the cycle home 8 mile and gym normaly 3 days a week its them 3 days i feel like crap putting it down to a lack of food though as cant seem to take enough calories in

cheers
ian

Downward

Guru
chonkers said:
i leave for work 4.45am dont eat anything till i get there and feel fine,my problems start once there as i walk 15mile a day for my job the cycle to work about 8mile the cycle home 8 mile and gym normaly 3 days a week its them 3 days i feel like crap putting it down to a lack of food though as cant seem to take enough calories in

cheers
ian

15 miles a day ?
What are you ??

OLDSHUNTER

:becool:Normaly don't eat 1hr 2hr afore heavy exercise .Likely to suffer indegestion and that horrible auld stitch evermore . Also if you are on road bike then you are angled further which i find excert's the stomach content's more . And once you stop from high tensity exercise then you have to lower heart rate slowly or you will likely suffer nausia. Try decreasing on last half mile and walk and stretch on dismount with some deep breath's.;):becool:

chonkers

Downward said:
15 miles a day ?
What are you ??

a binman lol

cheers

ian

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Went on a ride this morning, only eat a snackbar before hand, managed to fall over but that's a different storyl. I still felt sick afterwards though. A friend thinks it may be my blood sugar level.

Downward

Guru
aJohnson said:
Went on a ride this morning, only eat a snackbar before hand, managed to fall over but that's a different storyl. I still felt sick afterwards though. A friend thinks it may be my blood sugar level.

Slowly slowly catchy monkey as they say.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Downward said:
I thought that but then I thought there is no way a binman can walk 15 miles a day.
That's crazy.

I dunno, depends on if it's one of those rounds in a suburb of semis. No point in riding in the truck between houses, too close together, and then add in all the to and fro from the gateways - I bet you could rack up a few miles.

Although 15 is a lot. Mind you. Assuming 3 miles an hour walking pace, that's only five hours of work.

chonkers

Arch said:
I dunno, depends on if it's one of those rounds in a suburb of semis. No point in riding in the truck between houses, too close together, and then add in all the to and fro from the gateways - I bet you could rack up a few miles.

Although 15 is a lot. Mind you. Assuming 3 miles an hour walking pace, that's only five hours of work.

spot on mate lol start at 6 finish at 1.30 knock off run to tip and between 5 and 6 hrs walking only time we get in wagon is to go to tip rest is walking as u say between streets and up and down house paths it averages12 to 15 miles per day as some days less streets ps great when sunny a pain when raining or in winter but keeps me fittish

cheers

ian

Rollon

I am new to cycling but have been a runner for a long time. The rule with running is not to run until at least 2 hours after you have eaten anything. Maybe its the same with any excercise.
Dave.

Top Bottom