Is it Normal...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
..for my legs to click as i walk down the stairs after a few days on the bike? Its not painful but i get the feeling it isnt good that my legs/knees ankles click on every stair :blush:

in case you were in any doubt - no, it's not normal...

GrasB

Veteran
Go see your GP, these sorts of things can be subtle signs of injury. My wife had, IIRC, a very quiet squeak which was a sign she had nearly torn a tendon in half, it wasn't painful it just squeaked.

tyred

Legendary Member
My new false teeth click when I hit a bump^_^

Off-topic but I know someone who spit his false teeth out after hitting a joint in the road surface at speed going down a hill and spent half an hour trying to find them in the grass verge.

Broadside

Guru
I had a lot of clicking or a snapping sensation from my Achilles while I was getting used to higher mileage. There was a regular snapping sensation particularly as I walked downstairs, the best way I can describe it is if you pull an elastic band tight across the corner of a table and then pull it off the corner. It was like the tendons were a bit inflamed and were catching on something, no idea if that is what it was but that is how it felt.

There was never any associated pain and after about 6-12 months it completely disappeared and has never come back. I just put it down to not having done much exercise in the past and then getting quite heavily in to cycling so I think it was a bit of a conditioning thing.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
I had a lot of clicking or a snapping sensation from my Achilles while I was getting used to higher mileage. There was a regular snapping sensation particularly as I walked downstairs, the best way I can describe it is if you pull an elastic band tight across the corner of a table and then pull it off the corner. It was like the tendons were a bit inflamed and were catching on something, no idea if that is what it was but that is how it felt.

There was never any associated pain and after about 6-12 months it completely disappeared and has never come back. I just put it down to not having done much exercise in the past and then getting quite heavily in to cycling so I think it was a bit of a conditioning thing.

Tbh i think thats most likely what it is with me as im doing more mileage now that i ever have done :bicycle:

Top Bottom