Is it Normal...

Discussion in 'Training, Fitness and Health' started by Col5632, 26 Jul 2012.

1. Col5632

Col5632 Veteran

..for my legs to click as i walk down the stairs after a few days on the bike? Its not painful but i get the feeling it isnt good that my legs/knees ankles click on every stair :blush:

2. in case you were in any doubt - no, it's not normal...

Col5632 likes this.
  3. Broadside

Broadside Veteran

What's clicking, your knees or ankle/Achilles area?

4. GrasB

GrasB Veteran

Go see your GP, these sorts of things can be subtle signs of injury. My wife had, IIRC, a very quiet squeak which was a sign she had nearly torn a tendon in half, it wasn't painful it just squeaked.

5. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

mine don't click and I'm old

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  6. compo

compo Veteran

My new false teeth click when I hit a bump^_^

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  7. tyred

tyred Legendary Member

Off-topic but I know someone who spit his false teeth out after hitting a joint in the road surface at speed going down a hill and spent half an hour trying to find them in the grass verge.

compo likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Col5632

Col5632 Veteran

More my ankles i would say

9. Broadside

Broadside Veteran

I had a lot of clicking or a snapping sensation from my Achilles while I was getting used to higher mileage. There was a regular snapping sensation particularly as I walked downstairs, the best way I can describe it is if you pull an elastic band tight across the corner of a table and then pull it off the corner. It was like the tendons were a bit inflamed and were catching on something, no idea if that is what it was but that is how it felt.

There was never any associated pain and after about 6-12 months it completely disappeared and has never come back. I just put it down to not having done much exercise in the past and then getting quite heavily in to cycling so I think it was a bit of a conditioning thing.

10. Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture Internet Marketing bod

Get it seen to. I injured my ankles a lot when I was a teen and I sound like I'm smuggling maracas when I walk.

Sent from my FondleSlab using Tapatalk HD

11. Sittingduck

Sittingduck Guru

You're supposed to take off your cycling shoes, indoors :rolleyes:

Col5632 and Pat "5mph" like this.
  12. OP
    OP
    Col5632

Col5632 Veteran

Tbh i think thats most likely what it is with me as im doing more mileage now that i ever have done :bicycle:

13. Nihal

Nihal Veteran

Ankles clicking-weird
    Knees clicking-i guess not so much and yes i'm very old,mind you.;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice