Is it ok to have a cycling buddy from the opposite sex?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There was an old adage that the closer a guest was to royalty, the more carefully you should count your silver when they've left.

I feel similarly about couples who make a song and dance about how utterly and exclusively committed they are to one another....

At the third mention of eternal bliss and the absolute impossibility of ever looking at another, I think "Is he visiting hookers or is she having an affair with his best friend?"

Sadly, my wife thinks similarly. We are a cynical (if eternally devoted) pair.

Come to think of it, why has my best friend been staying so much recently, and always when I'm away?

Considering the work colleague that has the most paranoid/needy wife disappeared with the car we shared on a recent business trip to spend 5 hours at a strip club "chatting" to the strippers, this rings true.

billy1561

BB wrecker
This is an easy one for me. Rather than getting uptight about the opposite sex surely its more important to find a cycling buddy who is reliable and won't let you down. Someone who you can talk to as you ride and has a good attitude to life.

Although it was chucking it down this afternoon, managed a cycle. Was supposed to go with a workmate and her two friends (one male and the other female) but my workmate and the bloke chickened out because of the weather. I met up with the other person at the arranged time and we decided to go for it as we'd both managed to clear some ride time with our other halves. Was a great ride and was cool to get to know someone new...at the end of the ride we went our separate ways both saying it would be great to go out again (completely innocently btw)
Didn't think any thing of it until I got home and was telling the wife about the ride...oh dear! She's really not happy that I went riding with 'another woman'...even though my wife wouldn't be seen dead riding a bike!!! I explained how innocent it was but she's still not a happy camper and even less so at the thought that I might go out with her again...
Is it acceptable or not???

Dude, take it from me. Once that seed of doubt is planted it never leaves, it works both ways.

Top Bottom