Is it ok to have a cycling buddy who is entirely imaginary?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
or is that just a bit weird?

How about if I think they exist but others don't?

Or if I and lots of others think they exist but lots of others don't?

Or if I and lots of others think they exist but have a wide range of ways of naming and describing them but lots of others don't?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
If you can draft behind one, they're fine by me.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
I am worried that if they're imaginary they won't be visible and therefore more likely to have an accident. Even visible cyclists are often invisible to motorists.....

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
It's ok only if your OH doesn't cycle.

defy-one

my imaginary cycle friend is Scarlet
uploadfromtaptalk1354214726449.jpg

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
I sometimes imagine that my wife would like to come for a bicycle ride with me (and occasionally, if the weather is perfect and she is feeling particularly energetic, she will accompany me 5 miles along the cycle path to the cafe!) but the likelihood of this occurrence has just been reduced to slightly less than zero as I have (due to my crappy bloody shoulders) just purchased a recumbent - which my wife thinks will make me look like some eccentric freak (how right she is!)

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Many years ago a chap used to come into my local pub .. suit, tie, briefcase the proper city gent , after 5 or 6 pints he would start talking to an imaginery friend, not only that, he would then start buying a pint for himself and a short for his friend, he would drink the pint and then after much debate would drink the friends drink and offer to get another round in , and so the night would go on chatting and drinking ....... thinking back now , who was the daft one , him or us for watching him get proper plastered and have some cracking conversations.

Top Bottom