Is it really worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I have had my eyes on a brand new cube peloton for the last two years and been debating whether it is worth buying. My debate goes like this:
- It won't make me go faster.
- It will severely deplete my bank balance.
- It won't make me any fitter as I already have two bikes
- My wife will go nuts when she sees it.
- but it is nice to have a new toy.
- I really like the look of it.
- Money on its own is useless unless you spend it.
- At the age of nearly 65, do I really need another bike?
On reflection, may be I am being childish and irresponsible as no one really needs 3 bikes....... on the other hand .....?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Will it make you happy, if you buy it?

Drago

Legendary Member
Do you want it, and will you get good use out of it? Then do it!

I was initially reluctant to buy my Felt. I managed to get a test ride and I'm glad I did because it blew me away. All day comfy, lively, smooth, fast, nicer under my backside than any carbon bike under 1500 notes that I'd tried (and I had tried a good few!) so I bought one.

I didn't need it, I doubt it makes me any faster, but it suits me perfectly and I get genuine pleasure from riding it and that's all that matters. So if it would put a smile on your face then you go for it, Sir!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I have four bikes. I ride them all but some more than others.

It 's a pain to maintain them all though. Hang a perfectly good bike on a garage wall and three month later when it comes to riding it, it''ll start creaking. Seems the grease dries quicker when not riding.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

I think my debate will go on for a bit longer. Much too undecided at the moment, mustn't rush into it.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I have had my eyes on a brand new cube peloton for the last two years and been debating whether it is worth buying. My debate goes like this:
On reflection, may be I am being childish and irresponsible as no one really needs 3 bikes....... on the other hand .....?
If it's taken you two years to NOT buy it, then you already know it's the wrong choice.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I think my debate will go on for a bit longer. Much too undecided at the moment, mustn't rush into it.
My point exactly.

Procrastination often hides doubt.

Spending money is a funny thing. I spend a fortune each month, without a though, just paying the mortgage. When the car needs a new turbo and clutch, I spend £3,000 sorting it without consideration. But I tear myself up about spending a few hundred quid on something that I know will change my life a little bit.

When I know it's right, nothing stops me, when I know it's not...everything try's to...and sometimes does,,,stop me

(But not always)

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

[QUOTE 3819164, member: 259"]Interest free credit too. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
I will probably consider that in the winter when prices will come down, after Christmas.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Buy, and lend it to me. I'll test it, and help you answer your queries.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
It's a nice looking bike, and less than fifty queens a month on the drip feed.

Have you ridden one?

Top Bottom