Is it time to panic buy and stockpile petrol?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
£90 to fill my 4x4 (not that I ever let it run to anywhere near empty) It's just my way of helping cut New Labour's* debt....
:whistle:

Bill

(*and STILL Milliband won't say where THEIR cuts would have hit)

PS I won't be buying a Toyota Prius just to satisfy some Lefty Nancies

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
60l tank on mine, and £1.33 for the 'posh' petrol. Only put £20 in - that will last me a while - just short of 15l - eek. Shame you can't run a car on own brand lemonade !! :whistle:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
As a child during the fuel crisis, we needed to go to a family funeral in Northern Ireland. Dad filled a container with petrol, took it with us and left it behind a wall in a layby in Scotland on route, and then collected it on the way back down again a week later to fill it up for the homeward journey. I think that is the only time we have ever stashed petrol.

Fiona N

Veteran
Why?

I've got a litre in the garage for my multi-fuel stove and misc. cleaning tasks ... that'll last for the foreseeable future :biggrin:

Davidc

Guru
I've got my average monthly fuel use down to about 30l, so that bit isn't too bad. The problem area is the effect on the price of everything else.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
And how would you conceal it so that the marauding zombie hordes of BMW drivers couldn't find it?

To be fair, we now have 'Efficient Dynamics' (OK, its a crappy marketing speak name), so will be using much less than many other drivers, including many 'environmentally unfriendly' hybrids, no wonder we forget to indicate, we are just so relaxed!

We should just stop selling it to people in the north :whistle:

The midlands can do without (except for northerners living her). Send the midlands back to the dark ages. It'd take about ten minutes. We can have a proper north/south divide. If we scupper the midlands, everyone wins.

Only joking. :hugs:

NorrisCole

£90 to fill my 4x4 (not that I ever let it run to anywhere near empty) It's just my way of helping cut New Labour's* debt....

Bill

(*and STILL Milliband won't say where THEIR cuts would have hit)

PS I won't be buying a Toyota Prius just to satisfy some Lefty Nancies

lol

Top Bottom