Is it 'Wimpy' to wear longs yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Mr Phoebus said:
Not too sure? But it's definitely not Burger-Kingy or McDonaldy.

There's always one! :biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
fossyant said:
I wear longs most of the time on the road bike ! CHICKEN ! and hairy legs !

yep, me too. leg warmers in summer, proper tights in spring/autumn and the aldi thermal bib longs for winter, all with shorts. if it's a real scorcher i will just go short though.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I wore full goretex windstopper longs, new overshoes, cycle shirt, arm warmers, Night Vis jacket and a hi vis vest and a hat...and some fingerless gloves. My biggest enemy wasnt the weather...as usual it was the murderous chavs of Essex.

mondobongo

Über Member
Its a bit wimpy its only just September and its wet but not cold. I am staying in shorts on and off bike for as long as I can, digging the longs out means Winter is really here.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Wore longs last night to the pub (made a few of the posh diners choke on their vol au vents I can tell you). Snug as a proverbial bug.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
ComedyPilot said:
Wore longs last night to the pub (made a few of the posh diners choke on their vol au vents I can tell you). Snug as a proverbial bug.

Should of gone in, in lycra and one of those tux jerseys. I have one, looks amazing:becool:

This is going to sound really pervy but does anyone rub baby oil on their legs in the rain
I don't :angry: but I read on a running website that some runners do the theory being the water doesnt stick and stops you getting so cold.

mr Mag00

rising member
when i used to xc running in my teens we would use vaseline on calf muscles seemed a good way to warm them up massage them and keep them warm especially in the welsh league twas always v v cold over there

Top Bottom