Is it wrong.............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
Is it wrong to feel quite pleased when someone with ready access to the media uses that access to publish a lengthy anti-cycling article in a trade journal then some years later is found guilty of two offences and narrowly avoids a prison sentence?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Is it wrong to feel quite pleased when someone with ready access to the media uses that access to publish a lengthy anti-cycling article in a trade journal then some years later is found guilty of two offences and narrowly avoids a prison sentence?
No! Who? Pray tell....

OP
OP
snorri

snorri

Legendary Member
Schadenfreude I believe is the word :smile:
Thank you, that is indeed the word that was eluding me!
I was referring to one PF who was frequently quoted in the press and interviewed on tv news programmes during his tenure as Director for Scotland and Northern Ireland of the Road Haulage Association. I was looking for something quite unrelated when I saw the surname and just wondered where PF had gone as he had sunk into obscurity following complaints to the RHA HQ from myself and many others after he had claimed among other things that public roads with motor vehicles were no place for cyclists in an an anti-cyclist article he had penned in a trade journal which had been leaked to a wider audience.
Google soon informed me that he had gone on to do worse than write an anti-cycling rant and this had resulted in an appearance before a sheriff and a narrow escape from a jail sentence.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/...child-abuse-images-at-fife-home-escapes-jail/

lane

Veteran
The only thing wrong here is that he was not sent down, and that is quite apart from his anti cycle journal.

winjim

Smash the cistern
JFC, I clicked the link and I wasn't expecting what I saw. So yes it is wrong because the two situations are not in any way comparable. It's not like he just had a bit of misfortune. There's nothing good in any of this.

Drago

Legendary Member
It would have been an even deeper irony if he had ended up in the chokey. After all, Bronson was a keen cyclist prior to starting his new career taking hostages...

lane

Veteran
It would have been an even deeper irony if he had ended up in the chokey. After all, Bronson was a keen cyclist prior to starting his new career taking hostages...

So was Bruce Reynolds. Great train robber mastermind. Keen cyclist and sometimes racer.

Top Bottom