Is muesli as good as porridge?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Struggling a bit with porridge and morning rides (need 90 min - 2 hours between food and ride), or if I'm tired from lack of sleep it just sits in the stomach for ages, doing more harm than good. I have taken to having a light cereal and taking a bit more food on the ride instead, does anybody have any knowledge on what kinds of cereal have a better long term energy release? Obviously oats are well up there, so granola / museli is a good shout, but how do your corn flakes compare to your bran flakes?

Shedded wheat is not an option. Shedded wheat is one of the worst things on this plannet. I'd rather chew the corner of my desk.

Irish_Marty

Struggling a bit with porridge and morning rides (need 90 min - 2 hours between food and ride), or if I'm tired from lack of sleep it just sits in the stomach for ages, doing more harm than good. I have taken to having a light cereal and taking a bit more food on the ride instead, does anybody have any knowledge on what kinds of cereal have a better long term energy release? Obviously oats are well up there, so granola / museli is a good shout, but how do your corn flakes compare to your bran flakes?

Shedded wheat is not an option. Shedded wheat is one of the worst things on this plannet. I'd rather chew the corner of my desk.
Crunchy nut. Brunch bars are also brilliant.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Tablespoons?

We could have hours of fun with this.

It's shocking. What used to be called a dessert spoon is now routinely referred to as a tablespoon, and no one even bothers to have real tablespoons any more. At times I despair of the modern world.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
It's shocking. What used to be called a dessert spoon is now routinely referred to as a tablespoon, and no one even bothers to have real tablespoons any more. At times I despair of the modern world.

I live in a country that does not have soup spoons!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I live in a country that does not have soup spoons!
OMFG! Do they not have soup, or do they just run at it face-first?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Porridge for me too - with half a tea spoon of half spoon sugar

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
No - half spoon is very sweet sugar so you only use half the amount you would normally use.

I normally have one sugar, so with halfspoon i only need half lol

Top Bottom