Is my bike too small!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
i didnt think it was but according to the competetive cyclist website i need a bigger one!

im 6'3" tall with a 35" inside leg. currently i have a 61 cm XXL specialized allez with standard stem (110 i believe) but according to the fit calculator i require a 62.5-63 cm top tube and 58cm seat tube (c-c) also i require a 130 mm stem! is this just BS or actually worth taking note of? i never got fitted for my allez just picked the biggest size and then picked it up from evans on a saturday and tweaked it on my way home but its been good to me so far!

the only problem i currently have is knee pain on 35 + mile rides but im trying to fix that with tweaks in my positioning (although i rarely get out for 35 milers or more!) and its occured since i got my new SPD-SL's so some fine tuning is needed anyway.

amaferanga

Veteran
What's the top tube length of your Allez? It may not be 61cm.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I am about the same height as you and ride 58cm all round!

If you feel it is right, then stick with it, or ask a friend/club member to watch you ride and provide feedback. fit is not just about your size either, it is also about your riding style! As for your knee pain, since it happened with the introduction of clipless pedals, then you probably have the cleat position a bit off, and maybe need to make a minor adjustment to saddle height.

OP
OP
Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
i raised the saddle a bit to account for the differnt height in the cleats and moved the saddle forward slightly. will drop it back a touch to see how my legs are at the top of the pedal stroke and possibly do the plumb line test for knee/pedal crank bits later.

Top Bottom