Is my made-over better?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

novetan

Über Member
I bought a foldable bike (a looked alike Brompton) in chrome finished and wish to improve on its aesthetic. Pls advise A or B

Original.jpg

Black roller.jpg

A for me. Although I thought I was the world's biggest fan of tanwall tyres, they introduce a colour into B that wasn't there otherwise.

On a side note, what's the bike? It doesnt' half look like my nickel Brompton!^_^

Tenkaykev

Guru
I have tan wall on one of my Brommies but with the chrome I think the black goes better.
Do my eyes deceive me or is the rear triangle frame protector really held on with a couple of plastic cable (zip) ties?

Last edited:

cheys03

Veteran
Do my eyes deceive me or is the rear triangle frame protector really held on with a couple of plastic cable (zip) ties?
For a ha'porth of tar...
Clear zip ties on a black background with the join pointing out. Sinner! :laugh:
Black tyres look good, A

OP
OP
N

novetan

Über Member
My response to the OP's question will vary depending on whether this an official Brompton licenced product or the shameless theft of Brompton's intellectual property.

If you were to do a search, they have exhibited in the World Bike Show (I think last yr or the yr before). They have huge factory in China and South Korea that distribute to many parts of the world. Well, you can said its a copy but I didn't buy it from the thieves market. I was told Brompton patent, or design patent whatever, has expired. You can also do a search for that.

roley poley

Über Member
If you were to do a search, they have exhibited in the World Bike Show (I think last yr or the yr before). They have huge factory in China and South Korea that distribute to many parts of the world. Well, you can said its a copy but I didn't buy it from the thieves market. I was told Brompton patent, or design patent whatever, has expired. You can also do a search for that.
can you tell us who THEY are please to help us look it up thanks

OP
OP
N

novetan

Über Member
Clear zip ties on a black background with the join pointing out. Sinner! :laugh:
Black tyres look good, A

haha, Didn't noticed that. It comes as it is. That rubber thingy is to allowed the front tyre hook to rest to prevent the surface being scratched. I shall change to black ties.

Top Bottom