Is my wife being unreasonable??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Bear in mind that I retired a few years ago so am obviously very very busy......what with golf, cycling, bird watching, photography & walking etc.

So this morning my wife asked.......nay-instructed me to clean some of the inside windows.
I looked at the first one and said "it doesn't look dirty to me".
To which she said " it does when the sun shines on it"
To which I said "I have had a perfectly good window blind put up---you can pull it down when the sun shines on it-----so you won't see the problem"

Now that sounded perfectly reasonable to me!!!
BUT she then said......."if you dont get it done NOW I will shove this mop up your bum"
Now I have 2 issues with that.......
1) It sound awfully cruel and (I think) is extreme bullying.
2) She shouldn't have time to stop mopping in order to carry the threat out.

What should my course of action be????
Sorted it for you Dave, I've emailed Mrs Dave a link to this thread.

My work here is done.

stephec

Legendary Member
Surrender instantly, clean the windows and then point out you are now going for a bike ride.

Cleaning them straight away takes far less time than moaning to her and then online about it and you would have been out on your bike far quicker.

Just a woman's logic applied to it that is! :thumbsup:
What you mean is, "it's going to happen, so you may as well do as you're told first time." :smile:

DRM

Guru
Do it really badly, it also helps if the item breaks when you are doing the job, I was once asked to load the the washing machine, the hinge broke and the glass door came off in my hand, it took about 20 years before I was invited to do that job again.

Top Bottom