Is Regulator male or female?

Is Regulator male or female?

• Male

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Female

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Who cares? Regulator is simply wonderful!

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Some people need to get out a bit more... What is this? The 1950s?

Votes: 36 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

I have no idea that is why I asked, what difference does it make, it clearly does to you & I wondered why?

Cubist

Still wavin'
Was it @subaqua that used to have an avatar of himself with a regulator in his mouth?

D

Deleted member 26715

And I'm sure you are celebrating too. In these slightly depressing days when there is still a huge amount of homophobic prejudice out there, it's nice to have a good news story.
Yes there is & that is sad in what is supposed to be an enlightened world, but I do have an issue with positive discrimination which this sort of fell into, sorry wasn't trying to be argumentative only had 4 hours sleep & I'm tired in a wide awake kind of way.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Yes there is & that is sad in what is supposed to be an enlightened world, but I do have an issue with positive discrimination which this sort of fell into, sorry wasn't trying to be argumentative only had 4 hours sleep & I'm tired in a wide awake kind of way.
Two women (who happen to be married) made the team and won gold. You're going to have to explain the "positive discrimination" aspect of this to me.

Disclaimer: I think that the term is a load of freshly evacuated male bovine excrement* but that's a debate for another day.

*I am cheerfully stealing this from whoever posted it the other day. My new favourite phrase.

D

Deleted member 26715

Two women (who happen to be married) made the team and won gold. You're going to have to explain the "positive discrimination" aspect of this to me.
You see if you know all the facts which I very clearly don't, it makes more sense, I don't do sport, well not unless an engine is involved, but incorrectly assumed that the lady in question other half was just there is celebrate with her, I didn't realise she was also part of the team.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
You see if you know all the facts which I very clearly don't, it makes more sense, I don't do sport, well not unless an engine is involved, but incorrectly assumed that the lady in question other half was just there is celebrate with her, I didn't realise she was also part of the team.
"Great Britain women’s hockey captain, Kate Richardson-Walsh, said she never doubted her wife and team-mate Helen would score a crucial penalty stroke"

theclaud

Openly Marxist
If you are going to comment on a linked article, reading it first is a good idea.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
TMN to @T.M.H.N.E.T!

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Ah, I see, you commented without actually reading the article. Everything makes sense now. :thumbsup:

TVC

Disclaimer: I think that the term is a load of freshly evacuated male bovine excrement* but that's a debate for another day.

*I am cheerfully stealing this from whoever posted it the other day. My new favourite phrase.
I see no positive discrimination either, the papers made much of Trott and Kenny because they are a couple, and also of the Brownlees because they are siblings. It is just a nice human interest layer that lies on top of a story of success.
Thinking about it, there are very few opportunities for female/male married couples to share a victory, I can only think of badminton, tennis and equestrianism. So same sex couples celebrating together is possibly more likely.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I see no positive discrimination either, the papers made much of Trott and Kenny because they are a couple, and also of the Brownlees because they are siblings. It is just a nice human interest layer that lies on top of a story of success.
Thinking about it, there are very few opportunities for female/male married couples to share a victory, I can only think of badminton, tennis and equestrianism. So same sex couples celebrating together is possibly more likely.
I believe the issue was "lesbian made the news"...

Top Bottom