Is SC&P worth it?

Is it worth it

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Oh for goodness sake, read the whole exchange. Roubaix Cube's post was a disgusting (IMO) rant suggesting that people should be executed to make room in prisons. He knew it would be controversial; read his own footnote. I used his own reasoning in response to express my disgust for his fascist views, which I and many others despise. The benchmark was set extremely low by him - it wasn't a debate, it was him posturing either because he thinks it makes him look tough or because he thinks it's funny. I've met him - he's neither.

One SLR and one meet up for drinks where i mainly sat in my own corner and left after 1hr. Oh wow you suddenly know so much about me and my character.

Such a great judge of character

Last edited by a moderator:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I'm not sure I like this othering. I'm not sure it's possible or helpful to group posters to SC&P (or indeed the whole of CC) into convenient groups of us and them. We are all individuals and perhaps the only thing we've got in common is our love of cycling.

As I have already said further up thread, this whole thing is an exercise in othering, passive aggression and evading responsibility.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
My response was intended to suggest that you do what you did and check.

Oh leave off Adrian.

are you seriously trying to suggest that you were being somehow magnanimous.

You are simply trying to paint me as some obsessive control freak because that suits your position.

I think you need to address this obsessive need of yours.

How many times is it now?

All started by the same person?

That's fine, I can take the personal insults from you and others (ironic that they occur in a thread attempting to reduce them...but there you go) but this is a stretch too far at least have the courage of your convictions. If you believe I am obsessive and controlling stick to your position
On the subject of SC&P yes. You have on several occasions sought to change the way people use it.

Oh I see you are changing your position again...so I don't have an over controlling nature, I just like to control SC&P.

sorry, which is it.

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
The contributors on SC&P in the main are reasonable people, there are some i dont always agree with then again I am happy to admit it may be me thats wrong it would not be the first time.
There is one regular who amuses me with his inflated ego, i see him as a trapdoor spider in his burrow waiting to pounce on anything he disagrees with using his weapons of scorn and insult.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Oh for goodness sake, read the whole exchange. Roubaix Cube's post was a disgusting (IMO) rant suggesting that people should be executed to make room in prisons. He knew it would be controversial; read his own footnote. I used his own reasoning in response to express my disgust for his fascist views, which I and many others despise. The benchmark was set extremely low by him - it wasn't a debate, it was him posturing either because he thinks it makes him look tough or because he thinks it's funny. I've met him - he's neither.

I saw that post the other day. I was tempted to respond by putting forward arguments in favour of rehabilitation and the parole system being a way to control released offenders and incentivise them to reform, but then I thought the post was so extreme, it must be a wind up - one that came to mind when I referred to those of the right winding up those from the left earlier. As usual, therefore, I remained a passive lurker.

P.S. You may have heard enough of him to find him unamusing, but how do you know he isn't tough?

Last edited by a moderator:

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
Hmm give us s clue ;)
:whistle:

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
The only reason I can see for your suggestion though, is to seek to undermine the OP's position by trying to show him as an isolated individual with his own axe to grind, but regardless of his personal motivation and agenda (I don't know @jonny jeez so I make no such aspersions about him), the responses from people who say they see things similarly to him, and those who additionally say they steer clear of SC&P because of the antics of certain posters, plus my own observations that accord with them, tend to strengthen his position more than him being one of only a couple or so authors of similar threads weakens it - in my opinion o course, as I know you will differ.

As for the Tea thread, I have only had a brief look there following your mention of it above. I didn't see any aggression between members, but admittedly I haven't seen much of it. But that is a red herring, whether the Tea thread is better or worse than SC&P doesn't alter anything about the discussions specifically relating to SC&P. That is my perspective.
Thank you.

I can assure you I enjoy SC&P, have learnt a great deal from it and want to see more people joining in and listening to alternate views.But there is without doubt (its not just my opinion) a distasteful element...not members...element that I believe is unnecessary and seems to only serve to feed self esteem

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
[QUOTE 4489809, member: 9609"]lighten up, we're in Cafe - it wasn't a serious post hence the LOL at the end.[/QUOTE]

The café where a you can be as condescending as you like but a LOL makes it all okay... LOL*

*am I doing this right? LOL**

**too much? LOL***

***this is so hilarious I may have to move on to ROFL...

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
In SC&P you are exposed to those that hold very different world views and as a result it can be very informative.
True: I have learned by reading this board that some people have a life experience so remote from mine that we may as well live on a different planet.
This is not meant as a disparaging comment, btw, it's just the way society is I guess.
I have also learned that, in my country of origin, my opinions are liberal, while on this board they are right wing!

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Actually I saw a young man who seemed rather sweetly unsure of himself. Which is why I don't buy the swaggering Mussolini act. If you're going to espouse fascism, you do need to be prepared for fellow fascists to take you out and shoot you because you said the wrong thing. Still, you carry on swaggering.

Oh, and while we're at it. I've never done a SLR with you, so it seems you don't even know who I am.
are you Sparticus?

or Ronnie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom