Is television really dire at the moment or is it just me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
How on earth are you finding time to watch tv when you have a house build going on?

Er.... we are stuck in temporary accommodation in the village bored as hell. We can't be going bothering the guys every day and in any case we don't like to go too often or we don't see progress.

screenman

Legendary Member
You could not keep me off any project, tidying, cleaning, make tea/coffee general fetching, carrying and seeing the workers up, keeping busy helps my anxiety and depression. Not forgetting cold showers.

johnnyb47

Guru
The tv is awful at the moment. I barely watch it nowadays and favor YouTube to be honest. I'm seriously thinking of dumping the tv to save some money on the license fee

RichardB

Slightly retro
Spitting image is on.

Any good? I haven't seen it yet. The original was wickedly funny, and I am afraid that it will have gone the way of HIGNFY - from edgy, daring, genuine satire to cosy, lazy, Establishment-approved humour. Apart from Paul Merton's flashes of surreal brilliance, HIGNFY has become tired and safe, and I am afraid that the new Spitting Image would go the same way. Happy to be wrong on this.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Any good? I haven't seen it yet. The original was wickedly funny, and I am afraid that it will have gone the way of HIGNFY - from edgy, daring, genuine satire to cosy, lazy, Establishment-approved humour. Apart from Paul Merton's flashes of surreal brilliance, HIGNFY has become tired and safe, and I am afraid that the new Spitting Image would go the same way. Happy to be wrong on this.
Good in parts. Probably could have gone further but it was a good start.

Gunk

Guru
There is loads of great stuff on, you just need to know where to look, all4 is brilliant so is iPlayer. Just finished watching Roadkill and the brilliant German Cold War drama The Same Sky, both top class dramas.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I thought nobody on Cyclechat had a TV.
Some don’t even have a bicycle....

AutumnWatch is great, always enjoy each season of this. Spitting Image seems to get better as it goes on, definitely another highlight. As an expat I watch quite a lot of utube stuff. I find a lot of the potentially good UK stuff to be ruined by the presenters and their egos, and then there's all the recapping and telling you what's coming up later, at each break - all very annoying and pointless time wasting. All said though, you'd need to live somewhere like here to see how bad TV can really be. Grateful for the internet and all that it offers in terms of viewing :okay:

Top Bottom