Is Tesco cider vinegar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
No :laugh: but it's meant to be good for them (can't remember how exactly), but we put it in their water! If anything I'm trying to fatten them up, as I'm feeling so sorry for them in this cold weather that I've been giving them extra meal worms ...!
Its good for the gut as yogurt is . My hen has what i think is vent gleet xx( Ive bathed her thingy and then covered it with natural yogurt and managed to get some cider vinegar and water into her via a syringe . Ive just covered her over with straw for the night so she doesn't get too cold :cold:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Its good for the gut as yogurt is . My hen has what i think is vent gleet xx( Ive bathed her thingy and then covered it with natural yogurt and managed to get some cider vinegar and water into her via a syringe . Ive just covered her over with straw for the night so she doesn't get too cold :cold:
Oh dear that doesn't sound good but I haven't heard of it. I'm not that well read on the quails my main role is to feed them meal worms and check on my favourites.... two of them are very flighty and timid and so I can only get them worms by distracting the rest and them chucking some worms to the back for them.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I take a spoonful of Apple Cider Vinegar every morning, to alleviate the symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthertis

I must admit though, the effect is fading

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
It didnt work . RIP little chicken :sad:

Not long after hatching :smile:
9171457857_83939b7edf_z.jpg

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Gordon Bennet - can't you just eat her and get another one?

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Oh dear:sad: and quite a distinctive look! I hope the others are ok.
I bred her , she was a cross between a polish and a leghorn . Not a bad innings for a chicken but a shame to lose something i incubated and watched hatch .
I only had one chicken left and they dont like to live alone so she has gone to live with another flock . Its horrible to see the fighting that kicks off but she will be happy when she finds her place in that flock so its the best thing to do .
Its going to be weird not having chickens after about ten years of keeping them .

U

User482

Gordon Bennet - can't you just eat her and get another one?
Why would you eat your pet?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I bred her , she was a cross between a polish and a leghorn . Not a bad innings for a chicken but a shame to lose something i incubated and watched hatch .
I only had one chicken left and they dont like to live alone so she has gone to live with another flock . Its horrible to see the fighting that kicks off but she will be happy when she finds her place in that flock so its the best thing to do .
Its going to be weird not having chickens after about ten years of keeping them .
Have you decided to have a break from keeping them or finished for good?

Mr Summerdays was apparently looking at our chick photos from last year and getting broody (after spending a lot of today giving them good clean out!). I admit the chicks were very sweet but also heart breaking as you become emotionally attached to the ones that needed to most attention but they were the ones who were likely to die based on natural selection.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Have you decided to have a break from keeping them or finished for good?

Mr Summerdays was apparently looking at our chick photos from last year and getting broody (after spending a lot of today giving them good clean out!). I admit the chicks were very sweet but also heart breaking as you become emotionally attached to the ones that needed to most attention but they were the ones who were likely to die based on natural selection.
I'm done for now . I had 22 at one point and although they are the funniest animals on the planet ( apart from monkeys but im not allowed to keep them ) I need a break from the responsibility . Maybe later in life i may start again , i have a huge chicken shed at the allotment that i will keep in place just incase .

Top Bottom