Is the Garmin 705 due for replacement?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

therams

I am looking to upgrade my Garmin 305, but the 705 has been around for a while....

If I get one now, I am going to regret it when something new and better comes out next week?:becool:

Cheers!

PK99

Legendary Member
therams said:
I am looking to upgrade my Garmin 305, but the 705 has been around for a while....

If I get one now, I am going to regret it when something new and better comes out next week?:becool:

Cheers!

I m wondering exactly the same - i've not seen anything on the rumour vine

OP
OP
therams

therams

No i can find anything either, but it was released early 2008. Maybe Garmin are concentrating on there phones :becool:

Maybe its got another year in it, prices are good ATM as well...

Will1985

Über Member
I don't think the 705 will be superseded any time soon. It moved away from the 205/305 line of being a training device when they added the mapping feature. Athletes aren't interested in this so they released the 500 last year which is pretty much the updated 305. It's more likely that Garmin will focus on developing two distinct product lines.

If anything should be improved on the 705 it is the battery life IMO. My 310XT and 500 last nearly twice as long.
As has often been said on here, if you're after mapping as a primary function the eTrex or Oregon type units are a better bet.

Personaly I think Garmin realise the specialty niche for this unit and are simplifying the models - hence the new Garmin 500

Top Bottom