Is the Tesco computer any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beatlejuice

Gently does it...
I want a cheap computer that measures cadence. The reviews of the Tesco Wireless on their website are rather negative. Does anyone have any practical experience of it? Is it total cr*p as lots of people are say?

Mycroft

I have one, It hasn't been too bad, I cut the cadence cable after a few months because all i really wanted was the miles and the clock. cadence did seem to work just fine though.
The original battery died in about 9 months so I replaced it around xmas and its been working well since, hopefully I'll get longer out of a fresh battery :biggrin:

everything was fine, I believe until the battery started to go, then i noticed my mobile phone would interfere with the counter (it clocked me at 56mph up hill!) as the mobile would receive a text or call, I haven't done any research, but assume that the wireless signal gets corrupted somehow by the mobile signal.
this has not happened since the battery was replaced, and is possibly something all wireless computers are subject to.

would i like a "better" computer, of course. but its cheap and easy to take with me. I'd really like the knog one, but feel I'd leave it on the bike and it would end up stolen.

Echo Mycroft re: interference. I also found the cadence would go crazy every now and again. The novelty quickly wore off and I cut the cadence wire. If I were to buy another wireless in the future I'd spend more and get something more reliable.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Bought a cateye wired cadence computer recently.. £35 or so? Works a treat, nointerference nonsense, just a bit of wire to organise.

OP
OP
beatlejuice

beatlejuice

Gently does it...
Thanks for everyone who's replied. Having poor knees I need to keep my cadence rate up and I thought this would help. I which they hadn't bothered with the wireless bit just seems to mean less reliability and more batteries. The wired Cateye unit would suit me fine but for the extra 20 quid.

Top Bottom