Is there a bike enthusiast's 'disease'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In the world of guitars and music in general, it's called GAS, or Gear Aquisition Syndrome.

After 50-odd years playing electric bass, I've got a good bass, built out of various parts to suit me, by me, a cheap backup, and a great combo amp and extension cabinet. GAS cured.

But the Scott flat-bar project has had me combing this site and every online bike shop for parts and tools, and I think it's beginning to take over...

Help!
:biggrin:

arch684

Veteran
And it will only get worse

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi3.cpcache.com%2Fproduct%2F450248488%2Fwere_all_doomed_rectangle_magnet.jpg

Slick

Guru
In the world of guitars and music in general, it's called GAS, or Gear Aquisition Syndrome.

After 50-odd years playing electric bass, I've got a good bass, built out of various parts to suit me, by me, a cheap backup, and a great combo amp and extension cabinet. GAS cured.

But the Scott flat-bar project has had me combing this site and every online bike shop for parts and tools, and I think it's beginning to take over...

Help!
:biggrin:
I do remember a brickie on one of the islands going to the doctor looking for help as he was drinking a bottle of whisky every day. The doctor informed him, in his best highland accent that ge couldn't help him, as he was on two.:laugh:

I think you may have come to the wrong place for help and understanding. :okay:

Quite possibly! But at least someone here might know about the appropriate 12-step plan...
I said above that GAS was cured. It only took about 40 years. If I have half that left to cycling, I'll be happy!

Slick

Guru
Quite possibly! But at least someone here might know about the appropriate 12-step plan...
I said above that GAS was cured. It only took about 40 years. If I have half that left to cycling, I'll be happy!
If they do, don't let Mrs Slick see it. She got a bit annoyed yesterday as we had a bit of a day out when I took a call from my new "dealer" and had to set up a new account before she would release the merchandise. It did take some time and seriously eroded Mrs Slicks shopping time.:okay:

Top Bottom