Is There a Doctor in the House?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Nothing serious but, I thought I would share a photo I took yesterday. Purple is not a good colour when it comes to skin?

The slightly larger (and much more purple) hand is my wife's. She was wearing gloves; quite nice cashmere ones I got her for Christmas. The other hand is my daughter's who had taken her glove off in order to use a compass. Funny thing was, I was quite warm and hadn't taken gloves. I think the wife must have a heart rate of about 8 bpm.

What do you think? Surgery?
image.jpeg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Chap we work with suffers the same. Cyanosis. Go google it.
That's what it may be, or not,

OP
OP
Hugh Manatee

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
[QUOTE 4670542, member: 21629"]What was the colour of the gloves?[/QUOTE]

Mauve. I went to Hawick to get them.

OP
OP
Hugh Manatee

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Well, it could be the colour has come of the gloves.

Though it looks very similar to @midlife's photo

Oh but it were dye! She has the worst circulation; possibly in the world. She once went for a routine blood test at the doctors. The nurse who takes blood every day, had to call for help as she couldn't find a vein.

OP
OP
Hugh Manatee

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
@numbnuts that picture looks more like HAV damage. People suffering from vibration white-finger tell me it give almost indescribable pain when the fingers warm up again. I used to train people on how to use the equipment that monitors the level of HAV you are exposed to.

My wife says it doesn't really hurt when her fingers warm up again. This has only happened once. It was towards the end of three weeks in the Maldives.

Top Bottom