Is there a market for

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tomb1960

Vintage bikes, this has been gathering dust in my sister's shed for years and must be of interest/value to someone, not sure we can face e-bay, any ideas?

PpPete

Legendary Member
How much you get for it as a whole bike probably depends on the amount of rust on any chrome work.

If it's in really good condition throughout this may be an option.

There are lots of people looking for vintage components for restoration projects - and paying quite high prices, so if you can face dis-assembling it, and putting all the bits on as separate e-bay auctions you'll get the most cash out it.

jay clock

Massive member
you'd be amazedhow much things like this go for sometimes on Ebay. I saw on there a year or two back with the heading "Bike- would suit elderly lesbian novelist or similar"!

pubrunner

Legendary Member
tomb1960 said:
Vintage bikes, this has been gathering dust in my sister's shed for years and must be of interest/value to someone, not sure we can face e-bay, any ideas?

That is a very old bike; I believe that it could possibly be pre-1930, but it is difficult to tell from the photo. Take a look at this website - http://www.arielcycles.me.uk/cycles.htm , it might help you put an age to your sister's bike.

There also were a couple of very similar machines featured in News & Views - the Newsletter of the Veteran-Cycle Club. I suggest that you get in touch with an 'expert' from that club.

If I knew the make of the bike, I could pm you contact details of the marque expert within the V-CC. Then you would be able to make an informed decision about what to do with it. If the bike has most of its original components, this will make it all the more desirable to a collector.

OP
OP
tomb1960

tomb1960

Thank you for all your replies, my sister seems to remember being told the bike was pre 1930 when she bought it years ago, the saddle is a replacement she remembers, there are no badges/decals but she is going to scrutinise it closely next time she is home in daylight!

Top Bottom