Is there a market for...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
...old used team replica jerseys?

Found a few stuffed in a drawer I hadn't opened in years and wondered whether I'd get a few quid on fleabay for 'em. Got a bit of a Fignon vs Lemond thing going on here look!

jerseyswk1.jpg

Monty Dog

Somebody in the US would certainly hanker after the ADR/Bottechia jersey from 89 and probably the early Telekomm with the Merckx logos. Probably less so the System-U - you can but try - probably a tenner each is the likely selling price - but prove me wrong!

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
I had 2 Systeme U ones and I think I sold one to someone on C+ many moons ago who just happened to be after one.

girofan, you're right about the jersey sizes. I was about 64 kilos/9.5 stone when I was able to wear them. Not now though! :biggrin:

bonj2

what size are they, and what are they like in terms of comfort to ride in etc? any idea of the material type/percentages?
I'm after a new jersey or three, I was ideally after a long sleeved one but could be tempted. quite like the 'coffee' one (that's if lord of the teapot hasn't baggsied it :biggrin:)

k-dog

9.5 stone...that's my legs !

Both of them?

Lightweight.

Tynan

Veteran
there' shoot loads of that sort of thing of ebay, and mostly going for peanuts, sorry

they're nice but aren't the new shirts better in that they're the new fabrics and so on

them old ones are just for showing off surely?

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
bonj said:
what size are they, and what are they like in terms of comfort to ride in etc? any idea of the material type/percentages?
I'm after a new jersey or three, I was ideally after a long sleeved one but could be tempted. quite like the 'coffee' one (that's if lord of the teapot hasn't baggsied it :thumbsup:)

They'll be size 2 or 3, skinny man size. Nothing fancier than polyester I expect.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Put them on Evilbay, you will get good money, retro tops go for half decent money considering they are just 'old' tops.

I would love to take the Telekom off ya, but i don't think i have ever been that shape. Ever

Top Bottom