1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a market for...

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by simonali, 18 Jan 2008.

1. simonali

simonali Über Member

...old used team replica jerseys?

Found a few stuffed in a drawer I hadn't opened in years and wondered whether I'd get a few quid on fleabay for 'em. Got a bit of a Fignon vs Lemond thing going on here look!

[​IMG]

2. Monty Dog

Monty Dog New Member

Somebody in the US would certainly hanker after the ADR/Bottechia jersey from 89 and probably the early Telekomm with the Merckx logos. Probably less so the System-U - you can but try - probably a tenner each is the likely selling price - but prove me wrong!

3. girofan

girofan New Member

The ADR looks like it would not fit a whippet!

4. simonali

simonali Über Member

I had 2 Systeme U ones and I think I sold one to someone on C+ many moons ago who just happened to be after one.

girofan, you're right about the jersey sizes. I was about 64 kilos/9.5 stone when I was able to wear them. Not now though! :biggrin:

5. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

System U - whoooooo ! Not seen one of them for ages...class

9.5 stone...that's my legs !

6. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Thats a thing - whats the deal with cycling clothes.....

7. simonali

simonali Über Member

I may have the matching shorts if I've not thrown them out?

8. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

what size are they, and what are they like in terms of comfort to ride in etc? any idea of the material type/percentages?
    I'm after a new jersey or three, I was ideally after a long sleeved one but could be tempted. quite like the 'coffee' one (that's if lord of the teapot hasn't baggsied it :biggrin:)

9. k-dog

k-dog New Member

Both of them?

Lightweight.

10. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

there' shoot loads of that sort of thing of ebay, and mostly going for peanuts, sorry

they're nice but aren't the new shirts better in that they're the new fabrics and so on

them old ones are just for showing off surely?

11. simonali

simonali Über Member

They'll be size 2 or 3, skinny man size. Nothing fancier than polyester I expect.

12. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

Put them on Evilbay, you will get good money, retro tops go for half decent money considering they are just 'old' tops.

I would love to take the Telekom off ya, but i don't think i have ever been that shape. Ever