Is there a section on this great website for routes ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doouk

Regular
That will be cool.
Will also be great to find a ride buddy on a route.

snorri

Legendary Member
Problem with route information, it might be the opinion or choice of an individual and it will become dated. If you draw up proposals for a route yourself and seek the views of forumites on your proposals then various people who know sections of the route or have covered it recently, will usually come forward with current advice and information.:smile:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
But it may also provide rough guides to people who cant make their own routes
I can understand that in urban areas where the cycle paths aren't well marked on most maps but even if someone lacks the skills to navigate on a paper map, there's a wealth of websites out there to plot routes and provide information such as distance, terrain, hills etc.

As has been said, one cyclist's favourite route is another's torture. IMHO, it's far better to ask questions such as views to admire, routes to avoid, coffee shops you shouldn't miss etc and then take some initiative to work out a route that suits you, your abilities and preferences.

OP
OP
Angry Blonde

Angry Blonde

Über Member
I can easily read a map, i used to drive tractors all over the uk, it was all map based, i can also knock routes up online etc,

But i know some people cant, and i thought it may be easier for them to just nick a route thats all ready been done thats all

vickster

Legendary Member
You can nick routes off MapMyride I think :smile:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I can easily read a map, i used to drive tractors all over the uk, it was all map based, i can also knock routes up online etc,

But i know some people cant, and i thought it may be easier for them to just nick a route thats all ready been done thats all

You can use other peoples routes on ridewithgps

http://ridewithgps.com/find you may have to be signed in to use it.

Top Bottom