Is There A Sudden Fad for Classic Cars Amongst The Membership?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru

This Jag is in a showroom near me , price is over 100,000 , the history of it states it was built on the 18th December 1952 , 48 hours after I was born , it looks in better nick than me !

Edit, pity the photo is not better because of rain drops on widows !

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Sssshhhh...or it'll get moved to the motoring forum.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Interesting you mentioned overheating, it’s obscured by the rain on the window but there is an electric fan mounted in front of the radiator
Pretty standard with anyone running an old Jag these days, they don't like sitting in traffic. BITD a lot of people wrecked their cylinder heads by topping them up with water after they'd brewed up omitting the antifreeze/corrosion inhibitor and corroding the water passages in them. Early SAABs with the Triumph/SAAB Ricardo designed engines were similarly afflicted as was the Stag with 2 of the similar cylinder heads fitted.

ozboz

Guru
Maybe , I’ll find out
2D9E766B-380E-4A8D-9284-1722DBCF7EE7.jpeg

Gunk

Guru
I bet it's horrible to drive; the Viva wasn't a great drive anyway but with the roof chopped off and - presumably - extra reinforcements welded into the floorpan it must be awful. I once drove a Golf convertible and it felt like driving a shoebox on wheels, dead, heavy and lumpy.

But you’re not going to drive it far, you’ll polish it, keep it under a cover in the garage, pop down to the pub in the summer and show it off to your mates.

Most classics are crap to drive, that’s not the point it’s about the ownership experience

Top Bottom