Is there a white goods engineer in the house?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I'm trying to get at a leak in my Miele washing machine without having to take the entire casing off (which looks like a bit of a mare, best avoided if poss). The only thing in the way is the soap dispenser holder - not the actual dispenser, that comes out easily enough, but the casing it slides into:

There are two obvious clips/lugs holding it in place: towards the rear on the left, and the little round peg-with-a-hole at the front. There's also a couple of screws behind where the dispenser slides out:

...but with the screws out, it still feels quite firmly in place and not keen to go anywhere. I just wondered if anyone might know the secret spell, or whether it's just a kind of click-in affair, so with the screws out I just have to give it a good tug and all will be well.

I know it's a bit of a long shot, but CC's come up trumps so often, I thought what the hell.....

Thanks for any advice/tips.

classic33

Leg End Member
You'll have the hose connecting that to the drum. Usually limited movement, but the screw should be reachable from the side, long handle screwdriver.

Any sideways movement with the two screws out?

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
What @classic33 said.
ISTR that when I took a Samsung apart last year, the pipe which connects the dispenser holder to the drum was remarkably rigid for a pipe which visually at least was flexible. Probably because of the shaking which takes place on the spin cycle, despite the springs and concrete dampening.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Thanks all - stuff to look into in the morning.

You'll have the hose connecting that to the drum. Usually limited movement, but the screw should be reachable from the side, long handle screwdriver.

Any sideways movement with the two screws out?

Yeah, the hose to drum connector isn't going to be a problem. There's a bit of jiggle possible with the screws out, but it still feels as though it's quite happy where it is and will take some persuading that somewhere else would be a good place to be. One issue is age: it must be getting on for 20 years old now, and I'm nervy of brittleness in catches and clips.

Anyway, like I say, thanks all. I shall have another fettle on the morrer.

classic33

Leg End Member
Is the piece in the slot, to the right, restricting movement?

The top plastic panel is usually removable on it's own. There's a screw visible on the left of the soap drawer.

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks all - stuff to look into in the morning.

Yeah, the hose to drum connector isn't going to be a problem. There's a bit of jiggle possible with the screws out, but it still feels as though it's quite happy where it is and will take some persuading that somewhere else would be a good place to be. One issue is age: it must be getting on for 20 years old now, and I'm nervy of brittleness in catches and clips.

Anyway, like I say, thanks all. I shall have another fettle on the morrer.
The piece in the slot on the top, is it preventing the drawer moving back?

Do you keep the washing machine in an outhouse and was the first picture taken a little while after the top was taken off?
The debris on top of the plastic tray are rodent dropping shape. Hopefully not.

Top Bottom