Is there a 'Your Bike Next To A Monarch' thread yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here's one just in case ^_^

20190804_122349.jpg

All uphill

Still rolling along
Back in October I was fixing a puncture when this lot came along. Neither Charles nor Camilla offered a hand.

20221020_115950.jpg

OP
OP
Grant Fondo
Looks like the paving will need mowing soon .

Hadn't noticed that! Surprising as the building is in daily use and Grade I listed? (Chester Crown Courts).
The sculpture itself is by quite a famous sculptor, FW Pomeroy, who was very prolific around the turn of last century, Old Bailey for example.

1674216901093.png

I remember being quite struck by the Alfred the Great statue @Cathryn last time I visited Winchester, it's a cracker!

*Maybe this thread title needs 'Statue/Memorial' in the title rather than 'Monarch' which is a bit limited in scope, or, have we got enough 'Your Bike Next To's' already? I do like finding out about interesting spots CC'ers rock up to all the same ^_^

Does an Emperor count?

fb_image_5a60657ec11d5__700.jpg

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
@Saluki he was indeed crowned. Bloody awful king mind. He was the one effectively forced by the Lords and barons to sign the Magna Carta of which one of the original copies is in Lincoln I believe. He also brought Rochester Castle under seige and I think I'm right in saying that it is the tallest Keep in the UK and the only one with three square towers and one round one due to sappers blowing one up with pig carcasses.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Trying to work this out. I should maybe know as one hox

Trying to work this out. I should maybe know as one of the bikes is mine and I was there. Even looked at the map for clues but still can't see the connection. Please explain, is it something to do with 4 broken ribs and a punctured lung?

Rock Shox Monarchs on mine and Hacienda's bike !

Top Bottom