Is there any specific stretching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hiteshbangera

Whenever I do my cycling I do it in bursts of speed while keeping my Cannondale on the toughest gear. My knees have started giving trouble now every time I put too much pressure on them. Is there any specific stretching I’m not doing because of which this problem has arisen?

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Grinding high gears will damage your knees, sit and spin, it is also kinder on your grear train

montage

God Almighty
check saddle height
check cleat position
stretch hamstrings
stretch IT band
stretch quads
Don't push silly big gears - if you are sticking your bike in 53 at the front and 11 at the back and then pushing these round hard at 60rpm for your speed then rethink your strategy. Look at the way the pro's accelerate, their cadence speeds up on a slightly bigger gear.

If you are still getting knee pain then go to your GP.

Golden rule: Don't push through knee pain, ever. Trust me on this one

adityakadam

Whenever I do my cycling I do it in bursts of speed while keeping my Cannondale on the toughest gear. My knees have started giving trouble now every time I put too much pressure on them. Is there any specific stretching I’m not doing because of which this problem has arisen?

Here's a website "http://www.thestretchinghandbook.com/archives/stretches-cycling.php" where you can read about Cycling stretching exercises to improve your performance and do away with cycling injuries for good...And if u want any other info on fitness or some cycling tips you can mail on "trackandtrail2010@gmail.com" and they'll send you some Catalogs, info etc..

Crankarm

Guru

Bizarre .......................... 11 posts chalked up and already banned. Is this post a spoof?

Top Bottom