Is There Gonna Be a CC meet up ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

Speicher said:
I tried to post myself as in Worcester, the nearest biggish town, some one is already there. So can you have two people in the same town? (Yes, I'm sure its big enough).

Youcan have as many people on there as there are atoms of land speicher.

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Keith Oates said:
and for me Yangzhou, close to Shanghai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr. Oates, You're on ! See here. Hope I got it right !!

And you are Arch.

If anyone is scanning down the list of members and then cannot find out how to add themselves, scroll back up to the top of said list and click on edit, grab a pointer and drop it as is your wont, stick your name / place in top description box, click save, click done.

Tetedelacourse

magnatom said:
Tetedelacourse,

So do you actually live on a bridge then? :sad:

No that would be silly. I live underneath it and I'm partial to small goats;) But I don't like to use my real name on internet forums as it would give the wrong impression:shy:

Tetedelacourse said:
No that would be silly. I live underneath it and I'm partial to small goats;) But I don't like to use my real name on internet forums as it would give the wrong impression:shy:

:sad:

Chris James said:
You live in a lovely part of the world. I am very jealous!

Like anywhere Chris, it has it's ups and its downs. I've only been here 12 months so I'm very much a newcomer. Whilst it's not exactly cut-off, it is remote and takes an effort to get anywhere.

Chris James

Über Member
I suppose I associate it with my honeymoon (we went to Ballachullish / Glencoe, Skye, then Mull and then Fort William). We must have driven through your village.

It is certainly very remote, I'll give you that. But fantastically beautiful. Although I suppose it doesn't always seem quite so grand when it is sheeting it down as it must do regularly (which reminds me of another memory I have of Mallaig as a kid when I was sent out of the car to get a pot of jam from the boot - I promptly dropped it and the rain was that hard it washed away the jam and shards of glass!).

I take it there are no other takers for the CC meetup in Ardnamurchan then!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Chris James said:
I take it there are no other takers for the CC meetup in Ardnamurchan then!

Dammit, if I had the time and mney to get there, I'd be up for it!

But I fear I won't have either, for a while anyway...

Watched Local Hero again on Sunday, always makes me long for the wilds of Scotland and a wee croft, or a beachcombing hut...

:becool: Sheeting it down! Oh yes! That's why my bike is permanently on the turbo and my excercise spreadsheet has lots of orange cells all over it indicating turbo rides.

You do feel the weather a lot more up here, rain free days are rare. Like you Chris I'd only ever been in these parts on my hols, lots of washed out climbing days in Glencoe and Ft. Bill BUT it can take your breath away sometimes.

There are still plent of crofts Arch but a lot of land has/is being de-crofted to make way for new ventures, building homes etc... Once you could pick up a croft quite cheap but not these days, the wilds are popular again.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Crackle said:
:rolleyes: Sheeting it down! Oh yes! That's why my bike is permanently on the turbo and my excercise spreadsheet has lots of orange cells all over it indicating turbo rides.

You do feel the weather a lot more up here, rain free days are rare. Like you Chris I'd only ever been in these parts on my hols, lots of washed out climbing days in Glencoe and Ft. Bill BUT it can take your breath away sometimes.

There are still plent of crofts Arch but a lot of land has/is being de-crofted to make way for new ventures, building homes etc... Once you could pick up a croft quite cheap but not these days, the wilds are popular again.

A friend found an ad on Gumtree for a croft in Orkney, for £140,000. 23 acres I think, a cottage and several stone outbuildings/workshops. The only thing stopping me was a slight lack of £140,000....

longers

Legendary Member
Joe24 said:
I'm going to make the huge long trip from my house to the show. :biggrin:

The campsite is at the National Water sports Centre, that is the nearist one. I found 2 numbers for it. This one. Its the one with postcode NG12 2LU. And this one. I think the number on that one will take you through the the office down there at HPP. There nice people there though, and should be able to help.

I found this. Not sure if anyone can use it, might be good if places are booked up. It could be a private one only for conferrences though, dont know too much about it.

If anyone does go to HPP for a walk, or their family go for a walk or whatever, make sure you park near the White Water course, as far to the building as you can. There are lots of tea leafs that go round there, and will break in whenever. I got told by a kayaker a while ago, that down by the regatta lake is a dogging area. :biggrin:

I rang the campsite today. He was only interested in pre-booking if you need an electric hook-up. He reckoned 18 acres was enough space for tents.

He said there is a major event on at the Watersports centre and they've got a three wheel car convention/piss up* going on that weekend. So as well as the Dalai Lama it should be an interesting weekend eh?

I didn't ask about dogging or thievery.

*I made that bit up.

Arch said:
Dammit, if I had the time and mney to get there, I'd be up for it!

But I fear I won't have either, for a while anyway...

Watched Local Hero again on Sunday, always makes me long for the wilds of Scotland and a wee croft, or a beachcombing hut...

you can't scenery.

i wonder what the poor people are doing tonight.

news travels fast around here.

is it worth calling a vet?

Top Bottom