Is There Gonna Be a CC meet up ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bonj,

I've added myself to your map, although I have placed my pointer only approximately. Everyone knows who I am, I'm not sure I want them to know exactly where I live as well! (although in reality it is probably not that hard to find out.)

In fact there is a challange. Can anyone (who I haven't given my address to already!) find out where I live and PM me the address? I am curious if people can do that.

Bokonon

Über Member
Speicher said:
Has Otley got a railway station? If I can't arrive by boat, :biggrin: it will have to be by train.

The river Wharf runs through Otley. You should be able to moor up right outside the most popular cycle cafe.

I like the idea of an Otley meet, its only a ten mile trip for me.

magnatom said:
In fact there is a challange. Can anyone (who I haven't given my address to already!) find out where I live and PM me the address? I am curious if people can do that.

I've done better than that - I've put in in a post on Pistonheads. I've taken the liberty of using your name and making a few choice comments about car owners in order to generate a response. :biggrin:

Patrick Stevens said:
I've done better than that - I've put in in a post on Pistonheads. I've taken the liberty of using your name and making a few choice comments about car owners in order to generate a response. :smile:

Excellent! :biggrin: Time to take the kids to the nuclear shelter and look out my camouflages :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Chuffy said:
Bah. There is no 'Save' button. :angry:
Someone put a pin on the map for me. Kenton, just South of Exeter, 'k?

This computer won't open the map for me... Could someone bung me in central York?

Shaun

Founder
bonj said:
click on 'my maps' on the top left
click 'Member location map'
click 'Edit'
type in your location, and right click the arrow and choose 'Add placemark' from the menu
or alternatively just right click anywhere on the map once you've found your location
edit the placemark to put your name on it
Click 'Save'.

Now there's a good idea - it helps to get a visual reference for where everyone is. :evil:

bonj2

What's "CycleChat Jersey Homes"?

bonj2

magnatom said:
Bonj,

I've added myself to your map, although I have placed my pointer only approximately. Everyone knows who I am, I'm not sure I want them to know exactly where I live as well! (although in reality it is probably not that hard to find out.)
I've done that aswell, I just typed in 'Sheffield' and when I zoomed in it had put me somewhere near burngreave (I don't actually live in burngreave) although it's near, but probably only 'cos i live fairly central.

In fact there is a challange. Can anyone (who I haven't given my address to already!) find out where I live and PM me the address? I am curious if people can do that.[/QUOTE]

AFAIK (and do do K quite F) there's no way to find out just through googlemaps.
Admin could, as he could see your PMs in the database backups.
I used to know your address, but haven't kept it, so don't now, and I wouldn't know how to find it out.

You could make an educated guess as to the general area however by looking at your posts in commuting and videos. e.g. just from what direction you go in, how far you go, where you work and a couple of junctions you use (all of which are probably gleanable) you could probably get quite close, but probably not enough to actually hunt you down to your exact house. (not that i'm advocating anybody to stalk you mind :biggrin:)

Top Bottom