Is There Gonna Be a CC meet up ......

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Elmer Fudd, 1 Jan 2008.

1. OP
    OP
    Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

N.E pretty well covered, Col in Darlington, myself in Durham,(and apologies now as "names" go out the window), people in:- Prudhoe and up through Northumberland, Magnatom in Edinburgh ( are sweaties allowed ?? :ohmy: ) then over to Glasgow and back down the East Coast. (Or whatever, I'm hyper on coffee, and fruit cordial drinks !!).

2. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

I'm sure every major connobation itself is covered, but I think the main bit would be how would you get BETWEEN the main connobations.
    try and add yourself to this map i've created.. the site's a bit shite to be honest so it might not work but give it a go.

3. LordoftheTeapot

LordoftheTeapot Veteran

I gave it a go and it didn't 'work'. I'll try again later.

4. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

no, not su rprised to be honest... the site's a GWC.
    someone's added themselves to london, but haven't said who

5. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Added me fine !

6. Will1985

Will1985 Über Member

I can't get it to work either - would a google map like the one I did for the shirts work as well?

7. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Got there on 2nd attempt.

8. Will1985

Will1985 Über Member

Me too, although I can't get it to move closer to home - I'm 20 miles SE from the point it marked!

9. col

col Veteran

Just added myself,but it seems to want your email address before it lets you add yourself?

10. longers

longers Veteran

In that case it can piss off :tongue:.

11. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Your email address is not shown on the map. Just checked my inbox to find a welcome message from Frappr looks like they use your addy to generate a members profile for you, not swamped with spam yet.

12. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

if you can set one up go for it, I think that frappr site's a bit crap.
    I know you can create your own maps if you're logged in to google, maybe we could have a login that we could all share and thus edit the map and put pins in to mark where we are?
    alternatively pm one person and they do it but it might be a lot of work for them.

13. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

I tried it and it wouldnt work. I will try again, but it just stops on Nottingham, and wont go any further, or let me add anymore.

14. magnatom

magnatom Guest

:ohmy::eek::tongue::smile::sad:

Who moved me to the east coast! :ohmy: Can someone please move me back so I can see my wife and kids...xx(

15. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

it looks like people are managing to add flags but it's a bit hit and miss to add your name to it.
    If you click on your icon in the left hand vertical bar (you know which is yours because it has a tooltip with the location), does it not put a flag up on the map with an 'edit' link on?
    the link again,
    http://www.frappr.com/?a=constellation_map&mapid=137440293730

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice