Is There Gonna Be a CC meet up ......

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Elmer Fudd, 1 Jan 2008.

1. longers

longers Veteran

I'm going to the Nottingham show thingy.

Does anyone know about a campsite nearby? I remember somebody saying something about a campsite. If it's going to be that busy I reckon I'd better try and book a spot or something eh?

What bike will the Dalai Lama be riding?

2. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Believe its a Giant Mountain bike.

3. dangerousjules

dangerousjules Über Member

i 3rd a yorkshire meet, a nice ride followed with tea and cakes at bettys(york or harlow carr...mmmmmmm) come you lazy city slickers it's only a train ride away!

4. campagman

campagman Veteran

Won't that Nottingham cycle show clash with the CTC East Mids Rally? Or are they to be combined this year which might be a good idea.

5. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

I'm going to make the huge long trip from my house to the show. :biggrin:

The campsite is at the National Water sports Centre, that is the nearist one. I found 2 numbers for it. This one. Its the one with postcode NG12 2LU. And this one. I think the number on that one will take you through the the office down there at HPP. There nice people there though, and should be able to help.

I found this. Not sure if anyone can use it, might be good if places are booked up. It could be a private one only for conferrences though, dont know too much about it.

If anyone does go to HPP for a walk, or their family go for a walk or whatever, make sure you park near the White Water course, as far to the building as you can. There are lots of tea leafs that go round there, and will break in whenever. I got told by a kayaker a while ago, that down by the regatta lake is a dogging area. :smile:

6. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

I forgot, it might be best to book. I have never really seen it full. The only time it has been full-ish is when there have been kayaking events on, or a caravan meeting or even a scouts meeting.

7. longers

longers Veteran

Cheers for all the info Joe24 :smile:.

8. Speicher

Speicher Vice Admiral Moderator

One suggestion has been for the 1st June, which is a Sunday.
    If people have to travel some distance, would it be better on a Saturday?

If we build up a thirst, which needs more substantial quenching than tea, ;)would the get-together carry on into the evening? :smile:

9. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

I say Cathryn, you look particularly glamorous tonight:smile:

10. OP
    OP
    Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Thread title is "a meet up" not "a meat up" !! :biggrin: :smile:

11. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Well, of course, I hope to be at Nottingham, but I also favour York for meeting up:biggrin:. Make it as central as possible, and I won't even have to bother to get the bike out...;)

I'm away the beginning of June, and maybe over Easter... Apart from that....

There's also the CTC rally in York, mid-late June?

12. Speicher

Speicher Vice Admiral Moderator

I have a commitment to be here on the 5th June, but looks like Arch is away then as well. If the Nottingham event and the get-together are separated by more than a few days, it might make it easier for people to get to both if they would like to.

If they are only a week apart, I would take the opportunity to do a bit of "track bashing" on the trains in Scotland. ;):biggrin:

13. How will I spot you all at the show Speicher

The campsite is just over the river from the show

BETTYS....... BETTYS...... You will be wating all day to get in and then you will have to pay £3.50 for a cup of tea and then youve got the cakes to get?

14. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

If we agreed on a date (preferably a Sat/Sun so I'm able to get across from Sveeden) and an area/town/city, then we could make our own accommodation arrangements, non? ;)

15. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

Don't spoil it ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice