Is There Gonna Be a CC meet up ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
I'm going to the Nottingham show thingy.

Does anyone know about a campsite nearby? I remember somebody saying something about a campsite. If it's going to be that busy I reckon I'd better try and book a spot or something eh?

What bike will the Dalai Lama be riding?

mondobongo

Über Member
Believe its a Giant Mountain bike.

i 3rd a yorkshire meet, a nice ride followed with tea and cakes at bettys(york or harlow carr...mmmmmmm) come you lazy city slickers it's only a train ride away!

campagman

Guru
Won't that Nottingham cycle show clash with the CTC East Mids Rally? Or are they to be combined this year which might be a good idea.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
longers said:

Does anyone know about a campsite nearby? I remember somebody saying something about a campsite. If it's going to be that busy I reckon I'd better try and book a spot or something eh?

I'm going to make the huge long trip from my house to the show. :biggrin:

The campsite is at the National Water sports Centre, that is the nearist one. I found 2 numbers for it. This one. Its the one with postcode NG12 2LU. And this one. I think the number on that one will take you through the the office down there at HPP. There nice people there though, and should be able to help.

I found this. Not sure if anyone can use it, might be good if places are booked up. It could be a private one only for conferrences though, dont know too much about it.

If anyone does go to HPP for a walk, or their family go for a walk or whatever, make sure you park near the White Water course, as far to the building as you can. There are lots of tea leafs that go round there, and will break in whenever. I got told by a kayaker a while ago, that down by the regatta lake is a dogging area. :smile:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I forgot, it might be best to book. I have never really seen it full. The only time it has been full-ish is when there have been kayaking events on, or a caravan meeting or even a scouts meeting.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
One suggestion has been for the 1st June, which is a Sunday.
If people have to travel some distance, would it be better on a Saturday?

If we build up a thirst, which needs more substantial quenching than tea, ;)would the get-together carry on into the evening? :smile:

snorri

Legendary Member
Cathryn said:
Let's do a weekend,
I say Cathryn, you look particularly glamorous tonight:smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, of course, I hope to be at Nottingham, but I also favour York for meeting up:biggrin:. Make it as central as possible, and I won't even have to bother to get the bike out...;)

I'm away the beginning of June, and maybe over Easter... Apart from that....

There's also the CTC rally in York, mid-late June?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have a commitment to be here on the 5th June, but looks like Arch is away then as well. If the Nottingham event and the get-together are separated by more than a few days, it might make it easier for people to get to both if they would like to.

If they are only a week apart, I would take the opportunity to do a bit of "track bashing" on the trains in Scotland. ;):biggrin:

Speicher said:
I will be going. I have already booked somewhere to stay. According to Some One Who Should Know, the Dalai Llama is also there that weekend.
So if it was that weekend and in the vicinity of Nottingham, people from Further Afield might want to book fairly soon. When I booked just before Christmas, there were about 25 double rooms left in the same hotel.
Who wants to stay with me? ;););):ohmy:
How will I spot you all at the show Speicher

longers said:

The campsite is just over the river from the show

dangerousjules said:
i 3rd a yorkshire meet, a nice ride followed with tea and cakes at bettys(york or harlow carr...mmmmmmm) come you lazy city slickers it's only a train ride away!

BETTYS....... BETTYS...... You will be wating all day to get in and then you will have to pay £3.50 for a cup of tea and then youve got the cakes to get?

Top Bottom