Is There Gonna Be a CC meet up ......

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Elmer Fudd, 1 Jan 2008.

1. Pete

Pete Guest

Arch, if you're really into this sort of thing (although quite honestly I don't think you're 'sad' enough) - well you might be interested in this project. Alas, most of the 'confluences' in Europe have already been 'done' - the nearest one to me is only a few miles away on the edge of Ashdown Forest.

There was another site in which the project was, to visit - and take a photo whilst in - every National Grid 1Km square in the UK. When I last looked there were still a few squares left to 'claim'. I'll see if I can find the link to that.

Edit: found it:
    http://www.geograph.org.uk/

2. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

Is he the chap who wrote about walking in the Appalachians and then admitted that he'd only walked a few little bits of it and made the rest up?

I look forward to "Swimming round the World" by Arch. :biggrin:

3. spire

spire To the point

Or

"How I learned to love Star Trek"

(See post 47 and contain your jealousy!)

4. Will1985

Will1985 Über Member

I wasn't abroad this time, but I was in London which is quite a foreign place to me!

I remember the idea way back in the day on C+, and it would be a good idea but where is the money coming from to buy a jersey? CycleChat isn't quite the business that C+ was....

5. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

I'm dubious about Birmingham (got dumped by a boy from Cannock ages ago and haven't yet forgiven the Midlands). Northumberland (centre of Britain) is fab for cycling...but don't forget your very own Yorkshire Dales...glorious countryside and fab cakes. Peak District equally beautiful, albeit hilly.

6. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

Peaks or Dales sounds good. Two of the best national parks and best scenery.

7. longers

longers Veteran

I'd have a go and chip in for the privilege.

8. Speicher

Speicher Vice Admiral Moderator

I live in Worcestershire, about 10 miles from Worcester, not telling exactly where until I know what you are going to ask me.:smile:

Ab Chandler also lives in Worcestershire and I would suggest that he knows much more about cycling than I do.:cry:

9. Speicher

No, we weren't at cross purposes :smile: I knew you were going to ask me something about cycling, but thought it would be about the best route etc.:smile:
    I would not be able to undertake a leg of that journey. Would you like to ask Mr Ab Chandler.

10. Synergy in this posting... a 'trawler' and a 'chandler' - nice. :smile: Only the 'paul bearer' to follow...

11. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

:smile:

12. Speicher

Jack, please lead your master to a good optician. My avatar is a Tug, not a Tr*wl*r. Really :biggrin::smile:

13. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

what, ALL through cycling? :smile: :smile:

14. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

Yes, and we could try to beat the time record set by C+, what was it again? Five years?:smile:

15. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

well the main effort'd be planning the route! this site could be of use: http://www.frappr.com/

photos would have to be taken of the handover, and posted in a thread which would accumulate with photos of the jersey which would have ever more signatures on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice