Is there one item we forget to service/lube...

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by TonyEnjoyD, 7 Aug 2012.

1. TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD Veteran

I noticed on Friday that the ratchets on my road shoes were getting a bit iffy, "damn" I thought..."do i need new ratchet straps?"

Nope, a clean with a toothbrush (wife's Braun electric was very handy for this...and YES, I did rinse it after use), then a squirt of TFT and a wipe down later they are like new... I couldn't believe the difference.
    Now on my monthly schedule.

I also found a small stone wedged into the cleat was he reason why clipping in/out was a bit off last week!

Do you do yours?

2. Dragonwight

Dragonwight Guest

SPD shoes with laces so no ratchets, although I do tighten and adjust cleats but only when they cause problems. I did manage to get some WD40 on one of the pedals the other week that made getting my foot in fun leaving me with a large gash up my leg.

3. lordloveaduck

lordloveaduck Well-Known Member

I forgot to clean my chain after oiling it. Only discovered this when i looked at my crank:cry: had to
    re clean my joy toy again and buy a new tooth brush.

4. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Ensure the mounting bracket of the Edge 705 is free from muck - they have a habbit of falling off if not ! :blush:

5. Spiky Simon

Spiky Simon Regular

I'm glad you rinsed the toothbrush before using it on your shoes :laugh:

6. KRUSSELL

KRUSSELL Active Member

Glar you rinsed it before cleaning your teeth:wahhey:

7. OP
    OP
    TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD Veteran

Teeth on the chainring...defo

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice