Is there one item we forget to service/lube...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I noticed on Friday that the ratchets on my road shoes were getting a bit iffy, "damn" I thought..."do i need new ratchet straps?"

Nope, a clean with a toothbrush (wife's Braun electric was very handy for this...and YES, I did rinse it after use), then a squirt of TFT and a wipe down later they are like new... I couldn't believe the difference.
Now on my monthly schedule.

I also found a small stone wedged into the cleat was he reason why clipping in/out was a bit off last week!

Do you do yours?

SPD shoes with laces so no ratchets, although I do tighten and adjust cleats but only when they cause problems. I did manage to get some WD40 on one of the pedals the other week that made getting my foot in fun leaving me with a large gash up my leg.

lordloveaduck

I forgot to clean my chain after oiling it. Only discovered this when i looked at my crank:cry: had to
re clean my joy toy again and buy a new tooth brush.

Spiky Simon

Regular
Nope, a clean with a toothbrush (wife's Braun electric was very handy for this...and YES, I did rinse it after use), then a squirt of TFT and a wipe down later they are like new... I couldn't believe the difference.

I'm glad you rinsed the toothbrush before using it on your shoes :laugh:

Top Bottom