Is this a non starter? Argon 18 e114.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grellboy

Über Member
Had a winning bid accepted for Argon 18 e114 - just frame and forks. Before I collect it I am a bit concerned as the complete bike has a pretty unique looking headset/stem interface. Can you see those chrome spacers on one of the pics? Bit worried what the bike will look like if I can't source these (frame is from 2010). Anyone got one? Or like to share their views on what it would look like with a standard headset/stem. Will it just had a big weird space where the lower spacers go? Will it even work? The one i am buying is the frame with the uncut tube showing.
20181028_130638.png
Any suggestions appreciated.
20181028_125815.png
20181028_125837.png

Nothing like jumping in at the deep end ! :wacko:

Are there any other bits that come with it or is that all you get?
The stem looks standard going by the picture but they seem to have made an aluminium fairing to blend in with the frame.
You may be able to fashion up fairing of some sorts to replace the missing item.
Looks interesting!

OP
OP
grellboy

grellboy

Über Member
Nothing like jumping in at the deep end ! :wacko:

Are there any other bits that come with it or is that all you get?
The stem looks standard going by the picture but they seem to have made an aluminium fairing to blend in with the frame.
You may be able to fashion up fairing of some sorts to replace the missing item.
Looks interesting!
Well it's such a lovely looking bike (when made up) that's what's making me a little dubious. Will lacking that integral part mean it just ends up looking a bit rubbish?

Top Bottom