Is this a record...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
No worries.:thumbsup: Did you find the fault? I'd be curious to know what could cause so many punctures on the rim side.

You know how sometimes a midge gets inside your teeshirt or up a trouser leg, and you get lots of bites in one area? Maybe Classic has midges with very sharp teeth (and tyre levers to get inside....)

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
No worries.:thumbsup: Did you find the fault? I'd be curious to know what could cause so many punctures on the rim side.
Not found the cause. Initial thought was that it was the spokes proved wrong. However they are all evenly spaced, more or less, along the tube. New tube fitted & no problems, sofar.

You know how sometimes a midge gets inside your teeshirt or up a trouser leg, and you get lots of bites in one area? Maybe Classic has midges with very sharp teeth (and tyre levers to get inside....)
The last time any insect flew up my trouser leg, I got stung in the wrong place. The sort of place where you'd find out who your mate are.

But if you come across midges carrying tyre levers let us know, the may move onto locks next.

Who's strange by the way?

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Did you find the cause on removing tyre?would have thought it was a small piece of flint had got in but 28 puncture then stopping that's going some ,a record maybe! But no congratulations just one per ride is enough to evoke the rag of Tyson with me

I only have the other three wheels to worry about now.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Not found the cause. Initial thought was that it was the spokes proved wrong. However they are all evenly spaced, more or less, along the tube. New tube fitted & no problems, sofar.

How high pressure are the tubes run at? I wonder if there could be tiny sharp points, too small for you to feel, that make a hole when the tube is at top pressure?

The last time any insect flew up my trouser leg, I got stung in the wrong place. The sort of place where you'd find out who your mate are.

But if you come across midges carrying tyre levers let us know, the may move onto locks next.

I wouldn't put it past them. Them and wasps.

Who's strange by the way?

Spammer I reckon, reported it and he's gone. Only had four posts, all random copied snippets from further up a thread.

tyred

Legendary Member
imgres
imgres
music-000005.jpg

No, it's a puncture. This is a record

No, that is a waste of perfectly good vinyl which could've been used to record something decent.:whistle:

I did once have 9 punctures in one go on a old bike I had just collected. It all seemed good enough and the tyres held air so I ventured for a ride before stripping it for a service and a few yards down the road, HISSSSS! I discovered a few big lumps of rust on the inside of the rim had made mincemeat of the tube.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Cubester managed to ride over something prickly on holiday last year. I repaired half a dozen pinholes in his innertube and then set about finding the cause. Using tweezers and the patience of Job I removed 60.or more tiny thorns from his tyre, a Maxxis Minion DHF that I'd just bought, so it wasn't going in the bin

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
How high pressure are the tubes run at? I wonder if there could be tiny sharp points, too small for you to feel, that make a hole when the tube is at top pressure?

80-110PSI. Nothing that could be found. But the holes were not that hard to see.

"Who's strange by the way?"
Spammer I reckon, reported it and he's gone. Only had four posts, all random copied snippets from further up a thread.
Your spell worked then I see. Are you a good witch or a bad witch?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Your spell worked then I see. Are you a good witch or a bad witch?

Oh, bad, very bad.... :evil:

;)

Top Bottom