Is this a tandem?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
And with a set of gears for each rider, could make mutual / co-ordinated pedalling cadence interesting - ! :rofl:

classic33

Leg End Member
Ahem! (although mine's a lot more sleek!)
ZEM2
2cycle_persp.jpg

Looking through google images there are some interesting looking contraptions, the two wheeler looks like a pig to master, the trike makes most sense as you get stability and good steering. The problem with 4 wheels - as in this suicide machine - is that without proper ball jointed track rods you don't get differential turn in on the wheels and the whole thing crabs around corners.
They need Ackerman Steering.

I can remember seeing them at Sand Banks in the late 50's early 60's, they looked like fun.

Reactions: TVC

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
These I loved on our many childhood Holidays at Trecco Bay, Porthcawl.

14713617_1141699355877803_2518332912664806839_n.jpg

You had to pay £1 an hour, plus a £5 deposit. My brother and I would hire one every day at 8am and not take it back till 8pm. We never had our deposit back, but the bloke never cottoned on.

simongt

Guru
Interesting trike 'thing' that the wee lad next to the Mini Clubman is riding. Presume it was yet another fun thing that holiday camps used to provide - !

davidphilips

Veteran
Interesting trike 'thing' that the wee lad next to the Mini Clubman is riding. Presume it was yet another fun thing that holiday camps used to provide - !

Are you sure thats a Clubman? looks very like a Countryman, Thought the Clubman had square grill around the headlights i may be wrong ?

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully

Indeed. I don't remember those though. They must have gone by 1975

The holiday camp is still there and the square has hardly changed at all from that pic

It is owned by Park Dean now

The bikes have sadly gone though.

Not sure what mini that is in the picture.

Top Bottom