is this bike any good seems really cheap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldstrath

Über Member
Bit sad seeing the Muddy Fox name associated with this tat.

Lonestar

Veteran
The people selling this want to make a profit so they must be in some way.

Sports Direct...Think I'd go elsewhere.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Trading on name only. It's the Mike Ashley way . Buy a brand with a recognised trusted name and strip all the quality out of it. Dunlop/Slazenger, Karrimor, Everlast, muddy fox, Newcastle United. .

It's OK so long as you understand what is going on, and realise you are NOT going to get the same top quality associated with the brands of yesteryear. Some stuff from Sports Direct can actually be decent VFM, especially if bought on Clearance.
i wouldn't buy the Muddy Fox Fixie, because it looks like flimsy junk, but if I just wanted a dirt cheap new bike I would happily buy the Energy 26" MTB, which I strongly suspect is priced so cheap so it appears at the top of any search for "cheap bikes" in order to draw customers in to the SD website. View it as a "loss leader", I doubt it makes them much profit but will generate clicks.

A word of warning.

We had a MF fixie thing in last year to build up(had been bought online) and we just gave it back to the customer with the advice to return it to Sports Direct;among other issues the single freewheel was cross threaded.

Sometimes you get what you pay for

Top Bottom