University bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Just bought for littlest Tuesday.

£75 plus a tenner for a new chain. Would quite like one myself, but this is far too small.

20230701_152634.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Fine if no hills around :smile: .
I saw something similar down here last week and nearly bought it, same price. Yours looks better quality, mine had very poor paint with no primer. Seems there may be several factories turning these out. For hipsters?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@roubaixtuesday - looks good. Where are they off to?

This is son no. 2's university bike, a Carlton Corsa, along with a single speed conversion of a 24"-wheeled Spesh Hotrock as well. Or at least it was until a year at university has left it a bit battered, so a clean-up is currently happening:

dscf6530-jpg.jpg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Looks a bit orange! On the other hand SMIDSY can't have an excuse?

It's a bit bright, but then that was his choice rather than mine - he's had quite a few comments around the university. At least it's easy to spot!

Five years ago when he was 14 I picked up the Carlton for £4 locally and then wondered what to do with it. It ended up as a project for him and he decided to turn it into the orange thing that's been used around campus this year. It's getting a clean-up, some minor fettling (new left crank, new rear tyre, brake pads, wheels greased) and will be back in September.

That, along with the Specialized Hotrock single speed conversion below, are unlikely to be stolen as they are a bit more obvious. Or at least that's the hope.

dsc00685-jpg.jpg

And yes, that's supposed to be a kids bike. But think 'over-sized BMX' instead :okay:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

It's a bit bright, but then that was his choice rather than mine - he's had quite a few comments around the university. At least it's easy to spot!

Five years ago when he was 14 I picked up the Carlton for £4 locally and then wondered what to do with it. It ended up as a project for him and he decided to turn it into the orange thing that's been used around campus this year. It's getting a clean-up, some minor fettling (new left crank, new rear tyre, brake pads, wheels greased) and will be back in September.

That, along with the Specialized Hotrock single speed conversion below, are unlikely to be stolen as they are a bit more obvious. Or at least that's the hope.

View attachment 697454
And yes, that's supposed to be a kids bike. But think 'over-sized BMX' instead :okay:

It looks like an over sized BMX

Top Bottom