Is this Colnago real?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nlmkiii

I've been a bit scared off by some people saying about fake Colnago's. This one seems completely legit, but it's a fair stack of cash if not!

Are there any reasons to believe it's not real?

33985719_1884294325201025_7354807112700002304_n.jpg

33963854_1884294368534354_5407350837682896896_n.jpg

33992597_1884294425201015_275713033269936128_n.jpg

That's all the pictures I have... but if there are any other things to look out for, please do let me know and I'll check when viewing :smile:

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
This review has similar pics.

http://road.cc/content/news/3522-just-colnago-clx-campag-centaur

I won't pass my judgement as I don't know this brand or model

vickster

Legendary Member
I've been a bit scared off by some people saying about fake Colnago's. This one seems completely legit, but it's a fair stack of cash if not!

Are there any reasons to believe it's not real?

View attachment 414071

View attachment 414072

View attachment 414073

That's all the pictures I have... but if there are any other things to look out for, please do let me know and I'll check when viewing :smile:
Ask the seller for a copy of the receipt. Personally, I wouldn’t spend more than a couple of hundred on any bike without proper proof of provenance or rightful ownership

Can you check serial number with Colnago?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Also what might be photos.of a real bike, it might not be what they are proposing to deliver to you, if indeed it is delivery rather than cash on collect.

OP
OP
nlmkiii

nlmkiii

I'd never buy delivery to be honest, too much can go wrong (particularly if selling cheap), always rather take a look :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
I'd never buy delivery to be honest, too much can go wrong (particularly if selling cheap), always rather take a look :smile:
If you don’t have confidence in what you are buying and dont know how to tell if it’s genuine when inspecting, don’t buy (or if there’s no paperwork)

davidphilips

Veteran
Far as i know counterfeit bike frames are made from a mould/moulds made from a genuine frame so for me any way i dont think i would be able to tell a real Colnago from a copy if both where side by side? Unless the seller can prove the bikes history or you know the seller?

Perhaps its a great Colnago and a great buy but the more expensive the bike the greater the chance of some copies being made, dont know the way to tell and will watch this thread with interest in the hope of some one with more insight and a solution.

Top Bottom