Is this dog being cruelly treated?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Yes - they have a number of statutory powers.

Lots of people whinge about them abusing those powers... but they tend to be people with questionable records with animals or who believe everything they read in the Daily Heil.

My personal view is that although the RSPCA can sometimes be over reactive, the world would be a far darker and more horrific place for animals without them. Bit like social workers...

My personal experience of the RSPCA is that they tend to be inactive around these parts. I could write a few pages about how poor they are at responding to call that will not get them a lot of advertising.

Mrs M

Guru
The SSPCA up here (local centre is in Drumoak, Aberdeenshire) are from my experience really pretty good. :smile:
Got our adorable wee cat from them, returned to full health, neutered, chipped and insured (for first month) for £50, (best fifty bucks we ever spent).
When he caught a sparrow, I rescued it and contacted SSPCA, they gave advice on what to do and phoned next day to see how it was (sad ending :sad:).
There have been a few sad abandoned pet stories in the local press and it's usually SSPCA who come to the rescue.
Happy to support them and their good work.

screenman

Legendary Member
Despite 5 phone calls one morning they would not come out to the dog we found tied to a post on a very hot day, the last conversation ended with the local guy saying untie her and let her go, the worst that could happen is she will get run over.

We bought the dog back home and I complained like made to the management, they eventually sent an inspector around, he looked down at the dog and said these words " I will take that and get it put down, who done your decorating" I am still to this day not sure if his feet touched the ground when I showed him the way out.

With the help of the local vet we got the dog back to health and enjoyed 7 years with her.

I have a few other honest stories like this.

Mrs M

Guru
Despite 5 phone calls one morning they would not come out to the dog we found tied to a post on a very hot day, the last conversation ended with the local guy saying untie her and let her go, the worst that could happen is she will get run over.

We bought the dog back home and I complained like made to the management, they eventually sent an inspector around, he looked down at the dog and said these words " I will take that and get it put down, who done your decorating" I am still to this day not sure if his feet touched the ground when I showed him the way out.

With the help of the local vet we got the dog back to health and enjoyed 7 years with her.

That's disgusting and sad.
Glad you found and rescued the little one :okay:.

raleighnut

Legendary Member

:notworthy: Well done. :cheers:

Top Bottom