Is this good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nappadang

Über Member
Don't know the area or route but I'd say it's a damn good first shout. Better than my first effort by a long chalk. In fact I'm only 6 weeks in after a long period of inactivity and only just doing better than you are.
Well done, keep it up, it just gets easier and even more enjoyable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
I feel I can do better as I have just got back into biking and first ride on a cyclocross but was a bit cautious with the cycle path as its been raining and a bit slippy at bits

OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
Hi davey

Yeah really good route, suppose the stats will vary depending on the individual. Will def be doing this again and I suppose this is a target that I need to improve on. Will do this a couple more times and then adds another 10 miles on.

Will be doing the pedal for Scotland next year so hopin I am up to the 107 route

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Sounds like a reasonable start and one that I'm sure you'll be able to improve on.:thumbsup:

Keep doing regular rides and increase the mileage from time to time and 107 miles should be doable by next year. Everyone is different, but personally I found that once I'd done my first metric century it was relatively easy to step up to 75 and 100 miles.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Sounds good to me :smile:

Biker Joe

Über Member
Pretty good that.:thumbsup:
No problems there. A good start.
I wouldn't be too hasty in increasing the mileage. A few more rides at the present distance then add another 5 miles or so for a few more rides and so on.
You tend to feel it after 2 or 3 rides at that distance and don't forget your rest days. They are important in letting your body recover properly.
Well done.

screenman

Legendary Member
How old are you, how fit are you, etc. all questions that need answering before I would comment about the speed. If you enjoyed it then hopefully you will ride more often and if is your desire may even get quicker.

OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
30 and I'm pretty fit. Used to play 5 aside football 2-3 times a week but given it up due to the bike. Whole different sort of exercise

screenman

Legendary Member
Trying hard and out of breath or just doodling along? Now we all know most footballers are no where near as fit as cyclist so I would say you did OK. Now aim to get that time down to say under 40 minutes and you will be doing great.

I often do not like riding the bike, but I always enjoy the feeling I get afterwards.

Top Bottom