Is this normal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
If it's any indication, my MIL goes round quoting the Dail Mail as a means of generating intelligent debate..........

Tetedelacourse

domtyler said:
LOL, how did you work out that I had too much money? Especially as it turns out I may have a MIL as well as a wife and baby to support in the not too distant future! :ohmy: :biggrin:

You have a maid and you're willing to spend a bag-o-sand (or whatever you southern investment banker types call it) on hiring a fancy car for a weekend;)

But to be fair you can't afford a 4-bed in a nice part of London:sad:

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
Tetedelacourse said:
You have a maid and you're willing to spend a bag-o-sand (or whatever you southern investment banker types call it) on hiring a fancy car for a weekend;)

But to be fair you can't afford a 4-bed in a nice part of London:sad:

The cleaner is an essential and costs £6.50ph x 4 per week. I have nearly eighteen months to save up a grand or so for the weekend car hire. I don't own a car or pay for public transport as I cycle to work.

Not really living the life of the rich and famous is it? :biggrin:

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
ChrisKH said:
If it's any indication, my MIL goes round quoting the Dail Mail as a means of generating intelligent debate..........

The drivel that comes out of her mouth is almost worth bottling. Fortunately I have no reservations about asking her to substantiate her claims with tangible evidence. This normally has the required effect of seeing her scuttle off into the corner repeatedly muttering the word "Wibble" under her breath in a confused manner.

yenrod

domtyler said:
The cleaner is an essential and costs £6.50ph x 4 per week. I have nearly eighteen months to save up a grand or so for the weekend car hire. I don't own a car or pay for public transport as I cycle to work.

£6.50 p/hr - you slave driver ! :ohmy:

Tetedelacourse

domtyler said:

£26 a week for a cleaner?:biggrin: It's worse than I thought. Do you write your own posts or do you have a man, nay, a chap to do that for you?:ohmy:

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
Tetedelacourse said:
£26 a week for a cleaner?:ohmy: It's worse than I thought. Do you write your own posts or do you have a man, nay, a chap to do that for you?:biggrin:

You're right by golly, I shall try and whittle her down a little I think.

Arch

Married to Night Train
domtyler said:

<adapted quote from Hitch Hikers> Ah, some this must be some new definition of the word essential I wasn't previously aware of... </adapted quote>

And I can think of better things you could save up for if you're going to do it for 18 months. What a complete waste of effort! And a grand. Still, if your MIL moves in, I guess you'll be able to sack the cleaner and save yourself all that money...

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
Arch said:
<adapted quote from Hitch Hikers> Ah, some this must be some new definition of the word essential I wasn't previously aware of... </adapted quote>

And I can think of better things you could save up for if you're going to do it for 18 months. What a complete waste of effort! And a grand. Still, if your MIL moves in, I guess you'll be able to sack the cleaner and save yourself all that money...

You're damn right about that at least! :ohmy:

Actually we may be moving to York at some point so might be able to employ you in some capacity. Maybe you could come and scare the rodents away for us? :biggrin::biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
domtyler said:
You're damn right about that at least! :biggrin:

Actually we may be moving to York at some point so might be able to employ you in some capacity. Maybe you could come and scare the rodents away for us? :biggrin::smile:

I'm thinking about leaving York at some point....:ohmy:

Hah, rodents up here, they'll have your south southern behind mate and then pinch your fancy hire car. We've got rats the size of rabbits on the allotments...

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Arch said:
Hah, rodents up here, they'll have your south southern behind mate and then pinch your fancy hire car. We've got rats the size of rabbits on the allotments...

Don't even think of asking about how big their beavers are! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
Fnaar said:
Move the MIL out, and move a MILF in! :rolleyes::biggrin:

Well my request for a Brazilian Au pair (post the lovely Luiza thread) was met with disdain so I'm not even gonna go there!

Top Bottom