Is this saddle to high ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

fitness_d.jpg

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
yenrod said:
Nah, his/your legs are too short:biggrin:

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
yenrod said:

In my opinion it looks high from that picture, we aim to achieve a leg angle of between 30-35 degrees with crank in line with seat tube when we measure a snap shot of your pedaling action.

large_bikeleg.jpg

You look much more than that plus you are riding with your heel higher than many, although some do ride with their heel that high it is also common for riders who are over reaching to do that as well.

For sure we have a device for measuring that angle, but as a starting point you could try in stocking feet putting you heel on the pedal, as above with crank in line with seat tube, leg should be dead straight or very, very slightly bent as in pic ‘A’ below (pic found in google images), a slight bend of knee would lift heel off the pedal.

saddle_height.jpg

When you put the ball of your foot on the pedal it should then give the near correct bend, the pic' 'B' above looks about right, note his heel is lower than yours, although I repeat some do ride with a higher, or even lower heel. Of course someone who has a size 14 foot would then have more bend than someone with a size 7, which is why I have stated that we would use that as a starting point only.

However this is a starting point that many, myself included, have used for years, although note that there are other theories that differ from that above. This thread may be of interest; similar topic with lots more replies.

Paul_Smith
www.corridori.co.uk

No. It's too high.

Top Bottom